Chapter 9

"A-a date? With m-me?" I finally remembered how to speak as I looked at the smiling boy.

"Yeah. That's why Chan and I were the only ones who came up here, I pulled him aside to ask if I could take you out. He's fine with it by the way." Hyunjin gave me a beautiful smile as he took my hand. "Sooo," he dragged the word out, "would you like to go out to dinner with me tomorrow night, princess?"

I was speechless. Of course I wanted to say yes, but at the same time, I don't really know him that well. Maybe I can use this as a get-to-know-you thing. "Okay," I gave him a simple but sweet smile.

"Okay?" He was grinning big.

"On one condition, Hyunjin."

"Name it." He was now playing with my small hand in his larger ones.

"Lets not call it a date, but a hangout. I just don't know you well enough right now. But if tomorrow goes well, later on, we can go on actual dates."

I could tell he was a little disappointed, but he still smiled. "I'm willing to do anything as long as you're comfortable. I don't wanna rush into anything and have it backfire. So, tomorrow night. You, me, food, and conversation?"

"You had me at food!" I smiled up at him as I squeezed his hand. "So, what do we do now? Chan won't be done with dinner for another 20 minutes probably."

"Hmm. You got Netflix on your laptop?" Hyunjin asked while pointing to my desk where my laptop was charging.

"Yep! I hope you're okay with The Vampire Diaries because if you aren't I'll put an end to any type of more-than-friends relationship right now." I got up and grabbed my laptop, bringing it onto my bed. I sat towards the back, against the headboard and patted the spot next to me for Hyunjin.

"Honestly, I'll watch anything. Especially if it's for you, princess." He chuckled as he scooted next to me. Like right next to me. His arm was on top of mine and it was uncomfortable. So he took the opportunity and put his arm around me instead. Did I have butterflies? Hell. Yes.

I started from season 1 because you'd better believe I'm gonna make Hyunjin watch every episode with me, I've already seen the show like 3 times, but it's still my favorite. As it started playing, I leaned my head on his shoulder and placed the laptop on my lap, and we began watching.

——-

Chan's cooking took a little longer than expected and he called up to us just as the first episode ended.

"It seems kind of dry right now, but I'm sure it gets better throughout the show, right?" Hyunjin was in front of me on the stairs and I had to hold back from kicking him down the stairs. How dare he insult the Salvatore brothers like that!

Instead I calmly responded, "Yes, it gets much better. There's gonna be so many plot twists, and drama, oh boy you're not ready!" I became excited talking about my favorite show and forgot how he had insulted it. We reached the kitchen and everyone was just waiting for us.

"Alright boys, get in line for dinner, but as always, Rae? Ladies first!" Chan politely bowed and extended his arm from me to the food.

I thanked him and filled my plate with what I wanted, then went to sit down. The spaces next to me were soon filled, but I didn't see the person whom I expected to sit by me. On my left was Minho and on my right was Jeongin. Seungmin was across from me, and Hyunjin was on the totally other side of the table.

Deciding to make the most of my surroundings, I struck up a conversation with the three boys and got to know them a little better.

I found out that Minho has three cats, Soonie, Doongi, and Dori. He loves them very much and got offended when Seungmin thought he only had one. It was pretty funny to see their little quarrel. While they were talking, I turned to Jeongin and started talking with him.

"So are you really 18? I'm 18 myself and find it hard to believe that we are the same age. You just have such a baby face." I shoved some salad in my mouth as I waited for him to respond.

"Yes I'm really 18. Chan told me that our birthdays are only 2 weeks apart. And you're the younger," he smirked at me as I gasped in disbelief.

"Am I really the youngest person here? Damn. Now I'm gonna have to listen to everything any of you say." I slumped down in my chair and pouted.

"In that case, would you mind refilling my drink?" He gave me a cheeky smile as I reluctantly got up and grabbed his empty cup. I headed into the kitchen and put his cup under the water faucet.

A noise at the back door made me stop in my tracks. It sounded like someone was walking on the patio. I quickly peeked back into the dining room to see all 9 boys sitting and eating. I heard the steps again. This time, they were a little louder. I was starting to panic.

"Chan! Can you come here," I called out to my brother. He entered the kitchen with a smile that disappeared as soon as he saw my terrified face and shaking body. He started to run over to me, but I stopped him and signaled him to listen. He heard the steps and his head shot up.

"Guys! In here, now." The boys all came in obviously confused. "There's somebody walking around outside this house right now. If it's one of the other gangs, there's probably more people, and they know that we know they're here now. Woojin, Jeongin. You two take Rae to the basement, it's the safest room. And you both know what to do. Everyone else with me."

Chan walked over to me and gave me a hug and soft kiss on my head before he went to the dining room and began strategizing with the other boys.

Woojin left to the basement as Jeongin walked over to me and gave me a small smile. "Come on, we gotta go, but I think somebody wants to say bye." He turned and headed to the basement after Woojin.

I turned around to find Hyunjin looking at me. He came over and gave me a comforting hug that somewhat calmed my nerves. "Be safe, okay princess?"

"You too, Hyunjin."

I felt him press a soft kiss on my forehead before he broke the hug and went over to Chan, I headed to the basement not really wanting to be caught in the middle of whatever was about to happen