Chapter 25

I don't know what time it is, but it feels like it's been hours. Lucas still hasn't been back, and nobody has come to check on me. I've just been laying on the bed thinking about if I had just done one thing differently, Nuri and I wouldn't be in this situation.

A loud crash and rapid gunfire startled me out of my thoughts and I soon heard familiar voices yelling. They were calling for me and Nuri! The boys!

"Here! I'm in here!" I ran to the door and beat on it.

The door soon opened to reveal Chan. I met his eyes and could feel the tears immediately. I hugged him tight and muttered endless apologies. He didn't hesitate to return the hug and I felt his hold on me tighten more than usual.

"Rae, we have to find Nuri." Chan pulled away from me as he wiped tears from my cheek and gave me a sad smile.

"Right, right. Wait, where is everyone else?" I noticed that only he and Felix were here with me, so where were the others?

"We split up to find you two. Come on." He grabbed my hand and Felix led us down a hallway. Voices were heard down the hall, so we slowed to a stop until we could identify them. Once I recognized Lucas' voice, my blood ran cold and my fists clenched.

"Rae? What is it? Who's voice is that?" Chan grabbed my balled up fist which seemed to calm me down.

"That's Lucas. NCT's boss. He's fucking in love with me Chan!" I whisper yelled the last part as I remembered his cringey confession thing to me.

I heard Chan giving a description of Lucas to no one in particular and gave him a questioning look. He pointed to his ear where I saw an earpiece microphone thingy. I nodded, understanding that he was talking to the other 8 boys. He then held out his hand where an extra earpiece was waiting for me. I took it and adjusted it in my ear.

"Hello?" I spoke into the ear piece to test it out.

"Princess?"

His voice brought a smile to my lips. "Hey, Jinnie."

"Where are you guys? I'll come there."

I could hear him getting up from wherever he was but I stopped him. "No, we need to find Nuri, She wasn't in good shape before and who knows what they've done to her now."

"Yeah, sorry. You're right." I heard get get back into his position.

"Hate to break this moment up, but Rae is quite correct. Right now Felix, Rae, and I have eyes on Lucas. Apparently he's the boss. If you guys see or hear anything related to Nuri, report it to all of us." As Chan finished speaking, I saw Lucas walking away.

I pointed this out to Chan and Felix, so we stealthily followed him until he entered a room. After a few seconds of waiting, we heard a girl screaming. It was Nuri, I knew it.

I started to get up and go toward the room, but Felix grabbed my arm and shook his head no.

"What do you mean 'no'? My best friend is being tortured in there!" I was whisper yelling at Felix because he obviously didn't understand the situation.

He only motioned to the door and I saw some of NCT's members walking down the hallway.

"Oh, thank you." He nodded and I heard Chan telling everyone where we were.

"Okay, everyone is on the way. I don't want to go in there by ourselves, we don't know who or what is on the other side. Just as he finished speaking, we heard another scream come from inside, but this one was worse, almost like she was dying.

I looked at Chan, begging him with my eyes to do something. "Rae, I can't do anything with just us three. The others are almost here."

She screamed again. I bit my lip to keep from going in, but as soon as I heard her begging for them to stop whatever it was they were doing, I couldn't wait. I got up and ran into the room before Chan or Felix could stop me.

As soon as I opened the door, I was met with a sight so revolting I almost threw up right there. Nuri was in the middle of the room tied to a chair, and she was naked. Her face and body were so covered in blood that it looked like she had been painted. I saw Lucas and his gang members turn to me and smirk.

Taeyong had an evil grin on his face as he held a bloodied knife. Another person was pulling up his pants and he left the belt undone. I don't even want to think about what he did to her. Jaemin was loading a gun and looked up to acknowledge my presence, then turned back to loading and polishing the gun. Lucas was wiping his bloodied hands on a towel and smiled when he saw me.

"So glad you decided to join us, Princess."

I felt some bile rise in my throat as that name came from his mouth instead of Hyunjin's.

"You are a monster!" I ran to Lucas and started beating his chest as he only laughed at me.

"Oh shut up will you? She's not dead." He grabbed my wrists to keep my from hitting him and he leaned in closer to my face. "Yet."

Before I could process what he said, the door to the room slammed open and my brother and his gang stormed in. I heard gunshots and tried to run to my brother, but Lucas grabbed me around the waist and spun me to face the boys. I felt the cold metal of his gun press against my temple as I faced Chan and the others. I made eye contact with Hyunjin and wanted nothing more than to run into his arms.

"Choose your next move carefully Chan. Your sister's life depends on it." I could hear the psychotic smile in Lucas' voice.

"What do you want Lucas." Chan looked surprisingly calm considering I had a gun pointed to my head.

"Two things. And they're really quite simple. First, I want you and your pathetic gang to stop messing with NCT's business. We are not your concern, and you have been terrible for our business lately."

"What else."

I felt Lucas' grip on me tighten. "I want your sister to stay with me. She may seem uncomfortable here, but that's just because I haven't shown her how good I can be in be-"

Before he could finish that sentence, a loud BANG echoed in the room and suddenly everything went black.