Chapter 46

After showering and changing into some comfortable clothes, Mina and I followed a delicious smell that led us into the kitchen where Jin and Chan were putting some food on plates. We greeted them and I gave Chan a hug before stealing two pieces of chicken for me and Mina and running away. Chan gave up on chasing us and went back to the kitchen while Mina and I giggled in victory and ate the delicious food.

"What are you two laughing at?" Jungkook came in and sat on the couch across from us and Jimin followed him.

"We just stole some chicken from Chan. He was chasing us, but he gave up." I immediately tensed up a bit since he was in the room.

"Look, Rae," Jungkook leaned forward on his knees and looked serious. "I wanted to apologize for how I was acting earlier. I was way out of line and I'm sorry that I made you uncomfortable. I want you to know that I'm not just some horny guy who's looking for some action. I've just not been in the right headspace lately due to some personal reasons, so I've been acting like a douche. I know it's no excuse. I just wanted to clear the air before we go and fight NCT so that we can work better as a team." He looked at me with a sad smile and got up to leave with Jimin following.

"Hey Jungkook," He turned around and looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Apology accepted." I gave him a soft smile which he returned, then he walked out.

As their bodies disappeared from view, Hyunjin and Jisung walked in.

"What was that about?" Hyunjin sat next to me and kissed my cheek.

"Jungkook apologized for how he was acting, and I think Jimin was here to make sure he'd go through with it." Mina got up and sat in Jisung's lap as she spoke.

"Huh. Weird." Hyunjin licked his lips and looked deep in thought.

"Why is that weird? He realized he was wrong so he came to make it right. Besides, he brought up a good point." I leaned back into Hyunjin's chest and looked up to him as he looked down at me.

"And what was that?"

"He didn't want any tension or anything between us while we were fighting NCT. He wanted us to feel more like a team." Mina spoke from the other side of the couch and Hyunjin just nodded.

"Dinner's ready!" Jin's voice echoed throughout the house and we all made our way into the kitchen.

"Mmm smells delicious Chan!" I walked over to my brother and gave him a hug.

"Thanks, Jin and I made spicy chicken with rice and vegetables," he spoke quietly and looked down and so did the members of his gang.

"Why do you guys look so depressed? Cheer up! It's chicken!" I grabbed my brothers hand a jumped a little as he just looked up and smiled at me, a tear rolling down his cheek.

"This was Woojin's favorite dish, Rae."

I stopped jumping and was overcome with grief. Woojin.

My eyes filled with tears, but I wiped them away. I'm done crying, the whole reason for us being here, together is to fight back at NCT, and we can't do that if we are too busy crying over the people that we've lost.

"Come on guys, let's eat this meal and then plan a kick-ass mission for taking NCT out, for good. For Woojin." I looked at the boys as my eyes began to glisten. "For Nuri." I took Mina's hand in mine and she pulled me into a hug, quietly crying into my hair.

I rubbed her back, and once she pulled away, we got our food and headed to the living room, the boys all soon following. We ate in a comfortable silence, and when we were finished, we began planning how to take out NCT.

———

Once we came up with a plan, we decided to get some sleep. We had a lot to do tomorrow.

Hyunjin and I headed up to a room and I got changed, brushed my teeth, and washed my face in the bathroom while Hyunjin waited outside, and then we switched and I waited on him. He finally came out of the bathroom and  turned off the lights before climbing into bed next to me. We were both on our sides facing each other, just enjoying the other's presence and thinking.

My thoughts were interrupted when Hyunjin suddenly kissed my nose. I looked at his face, illuminated by the moonlight shining through the window.

"What?"

"I was talking to you, but you weren't responding. What were you thinking about?" He brought his hand up and caressed the side of my face. I closed my eyes a his touch and immediately felt relaxed.

"What's going to happen after all of this stuff with NCT is over? You and the guys won't have any reason to stay with us. And what if when you guys aren't around so much, we drift apart?" I opened my eyes and a single tear fell down my face.

He leaned in and kissed away my tear then pulled me into his chest. "Hey, listen. Even if I'm not around everyday, I will not stop loving you."

I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him tight, not wanting to let him go.

He lifted up my head and placed a passionate kiss on my lips. I moved my head to the side so it could deepen, and he took the opportunity to pull my body on top of his as he laid on his back.

My hands were tangled in his soft hair and his hands slid up my shirt, resting on my back. His touch lit my skin on fire. He licked my bottom lip and I let him in. Immediately, he took control of the kiss and I let him.

I pulled away because I needed air, and when I looked down and into his eyes, I only saw the love he had for me. He smiled and pulled me to lay on top of his chest. His arms wrapped around me, still under my shirt.

I laid my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat. His chest suddenly vibrates as he spoke. "I love you, princess. I really do."

My lips turned up into a smile and I hugged him tighter. "I really love you too Jinnie."

I closed my eyes and his heartbeat lulled me into a wonderful sleep.