Chapter 18

After we decided on the perfect confession for Jaemin, I headed back to my room. Right as I entered, Mina was coming out of the shower. I heard Nuri mutter a "finally" as she got up and went in. Once I heard the bathroom door lock, I jumped on the bed and smiled at Mina.

"Guess what!" I layed on my stomach and my hands propped up my head.

Mina was going through her clothes to find something comfy to put on. "Chicken butt." She looked at me and we both giggled.

"No! Seriously! This is important!" I whined a little as I pouted at her.

She finally found a big hoodie and some sweatpants like me. As she started to put them on, she hummed while thinking. "Hmmm. I don't know. What?"

I only smiled bigger. "Jaemin is going to confess to Nuri tonight and ask her to be his girlfriend!" I whisper-yelled the answer because I didn't want Nuri to hear.

Mina's eyes widened and she squealed in excitement.

"Shh!! We can't ruin the surprise! I'm even gonna help him!" Mina and I were just silently celebrating.

"Why are you two so happy? You're never this excited when I am." We didn't hear Nuri open the door so she frightened us a bit.

"Oh. We- uhh. Rae was just telling me about this really sweet thing Hyunjin did at the beach when they went walking." Mina gave Nuri a tight smile and we hoped she bought it.

"Well," Nuri walked to her luggage and pulled out a pink hoodie and grey sweatpants. "Tell me tell me tell me!" She jumped around us like a kid and we both mentally sighed in relief that she bought it.

"Okay. So, um. I was missing Chan because I haven't really been this far away from him before, and I guess I started crying. Anyway, he wiped my tears and then when I bent to splash my face with water to wash it a bit, he held my hair back so it wouldn't get wet. I thanked him, and then he said 'no problem, princess'." I looked up at both of them and saw them smiling at me.

"Oh my gosh! That is so adorable! He calls you princess too? I wish I had a nickname." Nuri giggled, and then we heard a knock on the door.

I walked over and opened it revealing Hyunjin. "Oh, uh. Hey!" I could feel myself blushing, so I looked away.

"Hi, princess. Um. You left your phone in our room, but also, I was about to call Chan and give him an update of how everyone is so he doesn't beat me up for not letting him know. Wanna join?" He gave me my phone back at looked at me with a questioning look.

Before I had time to respond, I felt myself being pushed into Hyunjin, thankfully he caught me. "Of course she'll join you! Have her back in time for dinner. Toodles!" I heard Nuri shut the door as she and Mina laughed.

We were just standing there, I was looking down still blushing but I could feel him looking at me. "So, should we go call Chan?" I finally looked up at him and and smiled as I walked down the hall to the sitting area.

"Yeah..." Hyunjin followed me to the area. "We should actually probably head to Woojin and Minho's room. It'll be safer to talk there."

I realized he was right so I followed him down the hall to room 203. He did a special knock on the door and I heard rustling from the other side. The door opened to reveal Minho and Woojin. They smiled as soon as they saw us.

"Rae!" Woojin embraced me in a big warm hug. Over the last few days, he has become like a second brother to me. After he pulled away, I greeted Minho and gave Woojin my phone to begin tracking whoever sent me that message.

I heard Hyunjin's phone ringing to call Chan. He finally answered.

"Hello? Hyunjin? Is everything okay?" I could hear a bit of panic in my brother's voice.

"Uh, no Chan. Earlier today, we were out with the others and your sister saw someone watching us from outside the restaurant. And then after we got back..."Hyunjin looked over to me. "She got a text from an unknown number that threatened her and her friends. We are with Minho and Woojin now, they can send you all of the information from that number. As for now, everyone is safe."

There was a moment of silence before Chan spoke again. "How's Rae? I know she can get worked up over these things, and especially since I'm not there..."

"I'm fine Channy. I have the girls with me, and the boys are doing their jobs well." I answered my brother with a confident voice.

"I don't know, Rae. I think I'd feel better if you guys came back early. I didn't think they'd follow you all the way to Jeju. Heck, I didn't even know that they would be able to get your number. I'm pissed at the fact that they've only been able to get closer. It's like they know everything. Where you live, who your friends are, they even threatened you at school, Rae!"

I could sense anger building up in my brother and when I heard him slam a fist into the table out of frustration, I jumped at the noise.

"Chan," my voice came out as a whisper. Nothing scared me more than when my brother was scared. "Please don't make us come back. When I'm there the same things keep happening. The only difference between that and being here is that you're not here, but even so-"

"Yeah the only difference you see is that I'm not there, but how I see it is that if something were to happen, at least I'd be able to blame myself, and not one of my friends." He yelled at me. I shut my eyes and held my breath hoping that somehow his words wouldn't sound so harsh. "You don't get it, you don't have someone that you're having to protect."

His last words sparked something in me. "I don't have someone that I have to protect? How about my fucking self?! I am a person too, Chan. I'm not some precious object that they are after. I am a living breathing person, and I have to take care of myself as well you dumbass. Not to mention, these sick motherfuckers just threatened my best friends. I have to watch out for myself and them, so tell me again how I can't possibly understand!"

I could feel hot, angry tears falling down my face as I fought with my brother. I waited for a response from him, but I didn't hear one. "That's what I thought. I am staying here until I have to come back. Goodbye." And with that, I walked out of their room. As I shut the door, took a few steps then slid down the wall sobbing.

I haven't fought with Chan since we were younger and our parents were still with us. I thought about how happy we were as a whole family. We would have movie nights and play games together. It was perfect. And then one day, Chan and I woke up and they were gone. No warning. Not even a letter goodbye.

My thoughts of the past were interrupted when I felt an arm pull me into a warm chest. As my head laid beneath his head I cried harder than I was before. He just rubbed my back and held me.

"Why can't he see? I'm not overreacting am I?" I picked up my head to look at him.

Woojin shook his head and wiped the tears from my face as he gave me a sad smile. "No, Rae. You and Chan are both acting appropriately. He's just very worried about you. You're the only real family he has left and he doesn't want to lose you. He could've been nicer about it, but he only got that way because he loves you okay? I think you guys should take some time to yourselves before speaking to each other again." Woojin stood me up as his door opened to reveal Hyunjin and Minho.

Without a word, Woojin went into his room with Minho as Hyunjin came and hugged me. "It'll be okay princess. I talked him into letting us stay." I smiled against his shoulder and whispered a quiet thank you."Now, let's you back in time for dinner so your friends don't kill me."

He pulled away from me and wiped my tears away, kissed my forehead, then wrapped an arm around my waist as we walked back to our rooms.