Chapter 27

Everything was black.

I could hear Nuri screaming so I kept running towards her voice, but it wasn't getting any closer.

She was crying and screaming out for me. I opened my mouth to tell her I was coming, but no sound came out.

The lights suddenly came on and I saw a man pointing a gun at her head. I started to run towards them, but he pulled the trigger and her body went limp.

I startled awake and couldn't breathe.

I was trying to take breaths, but no air was coming in. I looked up to Hyunjin in a panic and he knew something was wrong. His lips were moving, but due to the insane pounding in my head, I couldn't hear him.

His eyes were staring into mine, and as I studied them, I felt myself being able to breathe and I could eventually hear him.

"Princess!" He shook me slightly to get me out of my daze.

I went to speak, but no words came out. Tears were beginning to form in my eyes, so I looked down. He gently placed his hand under my chin and lifted up my face. Using his thumbs, he wiped my tears away.

"Wh-where are we?" My voice was hoarse from all of my crying. I noticed that we were no longer in the car, but in a bedroom.

"Well, since the hotel reservation was almost up, Chn got an AirBnB for us. You were still asleep when we arrived, so I brought you in. I didn't think you'd want to be alone, so I just stayed with you. We've been here about 20 minutes."

I nodded as I layed back on my pillow.

"Jinnie?" My voice was small, but no longer hoarse.

"Hmm?"

My eyes filled with tears yet again. "Has anyone told Mina?"

I could feel him tense beside me.

"No. Not yet. She knows that something happened though. We thought she might take it better if you were there with her." He laid down and faced me as he tucked hair behind my ear.

I nodded in understanding as a few tears escaped my eyes.

"Hey," Hyunjin spoke softly as he pulled me into his chest. "I know it hurts right now, and it will hurt for a long time." He was stroking the back of my head, and his chest was vibrating as he spoke. "I'm not going to say that it will stop hurting, but it will hurt less."

He planted a lingering kiss on the top of my head then started to hum a melody.

A soft knock at the door kept me from dozing off.

Hyunjin got up to open it and he was whispering with whoever was at the door. I sat up in bed to try and head them, but I couldn't. He walked  back to the bed and sat next to me.

"Princess? Do you think you're okay now to be with Mina so we can tell her?"

I slowly nodded my head. She needs to know. The longer she doesn't, the more she will hurt.

Hyunjin gently pulled me up from the bed and into a warm hug. I inhaled his intoxicating scent and it calmed me significantly. I pulled away first and tried to smile, but it didn't work out well. He grabbed my hand in his and led me down to where the others were.

When we reached the living room, everyone stopped talking. I saw Mina and tears were gathering in my eyes. The closer I got to her, the blurrier my vision became. Once I was in front of her, I fell on the couch with her and hugged her tight while sobbing.

"Rae, what happened?" Mina wrapped her arms around me for comfort, but the uneasiness in her voice was beyond evident.

"Mina," Chan was the only person standing. "When we were in there, we heard screams coming from a room. Rae rushed in because she recognized Nuri's voice. But NCT was there. I don't know what happened, but once we got in there, NCT's leader had Rae with a gun to her head. Nuri was off to the side tied to a chair, she wasn't in good shape." I mentally thanked Chan for leaving out the gruesome details. "Somehow the lights went out, I think one of NCT's guys did it. There was a scuffle and Nuri was screaming." Chan took a big breath. "We heard a gunshot and then the lights came back on. Rae was in front of Nuri. She-she had been shot. Someone shot and killed Nuri."

A shaky gasp left Mina's mouth and I only tightened my hug on her as I get her body begin to tremble.

"N-no! She can't be dead! We still have so much to do together!" Mina pulled away and looked at me with tears in her eyes. When she saw my face, she knew. "She's really gone?"

I only nodded and we were both sobbing in each other's arms, mourning the loss of our friend together.

"Hey, we're going to give you guys some time together, call if you need anything, okay?" Hyunjin whispered into my ear then placed a kiss on my head before he left with the other boys.

Mina and I stayed in each other's arms for a few minutes before pulling apart.

"Who shot her?" Mina choked out the words between her sobs as she looked at me.

I wiped her tears away, but new tears took their place. "I don't know. The lights were out. I think it may have been Jaemin." I felt sick even saying his name. "That son of a bitch! He played all of us! And now she's dead!" Angry tears were pouring from my eyes.

"He's the reason we knew something wasn't right. When Hyunjin couldn't find you, Jaemin said something that seemed off, so Chan and Hyunjin followed him and found out he was part of NCT. Then the boys got together and went in to save you and Nuri." Mina's voice got quiet as she spoke her name.

"I wish I could have shot him the moment that I found out he was part of them. I wanted to. He was laughing about the torture that they put her through. I did get to slap him, hard." A faint smile appeared as I remembered it.

"Rae?"

"Yeah, Mina?"

"I want him dead. I want Jaemin dead. Even if he isn't the one who shot her, he was a big part of it." Mina's face held no emotion as she spoke the words.

I couldn't blame her. In all honesty, the same thought had crossed my mind. But it wasn't right.

"Mina. You want to kill a person? That's not right! I know that what he did was horrible, but you can't just go take someone's life!"

"He helped to get our best friend killed, Rae! What are we supposed to do?! Sit around and watch him live life unbothered? Yeah, you have fun with that, I'm going to get revenge for Nuri. Feel free to join me."

Mina stood up from the couch and ran out of the door while I tried to stop her, but she slipped from my grip and pushed me down in the couch.

The boys came in and saw the open door and me crying on the couch.

"Rae! What happened! Where's Mina?" Chan was not happy.

"S-she's going to try and kill Jaemin! She's gonna get killed! We have to stop her!" I was sobbing again and Hyunjin came to sit next to me while my own brother looked disgusted with me.

"Fine. Boys, load up with weapons. This is going to get ugly."

I saw everyone go into a room and come out with guns that I've only ever seen on TV.

Hyunjin placed something heavy on my lap, and when I looked down, I wanted him to take it back.

"Princess. You need this to defend yourself in case someone isn't able to help you. Please. Only use it if there's no other option." He looked at me with pleading eyes and I nodded. I took the gun in my hand and he showed me how to turn the safety on and off.

"Load up!" Chan walked out to the cars and we all got in the same cars as last time.

The ride over there was silent. Everyone was preparing for the bloodbath that was probably about to happen.