Chapter 14

I heard Hyunjin start cursing as he pulled out his phone to call Chan. I was still unable to move, terrified of the person watching us.

Everything around me became a blur, even Hyunjin. I was starting to panic as the masked person slowly began walking towards us. I wanted to tell Hyunjin, but I was too scared to speak.

"Rae!" I heard him yell my name right next to my ear, and I startled. "I've been calling you, princess," his voice and eyes softened when he saw my face. "Come on, we have to get somewhere safe. Chan and the others are coming to get us."

He was still holding my hand and gave it a light squeeze before he pulled me out of the park and onto a sidewalk. He was walking fast and I was having a hard time keeping up. I just had so much on my mind that I was tripping over nothing and running into him when he stopped but I kept going.

He finally stopped to face me. He looked deep in thought as his eyebrows creased and he purses his lips. But then, his features softened as he pulled me into a much needed hug. "Princess, you are going to be okay. I would die before I let anything happen to you, okay? I don't think that person is following us anymore, so we can slow down. The shop that we decided to meet at is right over here. Come on."

He pulled away from the hug, but kept one arm around me as we entered a convenience store.

"Alright, Chan says they're about 5 minutes away. So we just have to wait here."

I just nodded, still unable to speak because if I did, I knew I would cry. Hyunjin led me over to a booth that was in the back corner and had me sit down. As he slid in across from me. I didn't look up to make eye contact, I just sat there. My hands in my lap, my head looking down. We sat in silence until he spoke.

"Princess," his voice was gentle. I wanted to look up, but I knew that if I looked up into his beautiful, brown, pity-filled eyes that I would break. I needed to be strong. At least while we're in public. I can't let people see me weak.

I felt his finger under my chin as he gently lifted my head to look at him. As soon as my eyes met his, a single tear fell, and the door to the shop opened and I heard a few guys talking.

"Rae!" I could hear my brother call for me. Without a single word, I got up and ran to him.

As soon as I saw him, I started crying. I ran into his arms and buried my face in his chest as my tears flowed down my face. I couldn't hear anything that was said between the guys, because of my loud sobs.

I felt one of Chan's hands caressing my hair as the other rubbed calming circles on my back. I soon felt him stop as my sobs became fewer. He pulled back and looked at my face as he wiped the tears from under my eyes.

"We have to go, Rae. We need to get you home, okay?" He gave me a sad smile as he hugged me again, planting a kiss on my head as he then pulled away and began to walk out the door.

I was about to follow him but someone held my hand and kept me from going out just yet. I looked up to see Hyunjin. He didn't say anything, he just handed me some tissues and gave my hand a squeeze as he went to let go, but I didn't let him. I tightened my grip on his hand which surprised him. But he smiled and tightened his grip again, leading me out to my brother's car.

As we reached the car, I was about to get in first, but noticed there was only one seat open. "Umm, Chan? There's only one seat." I looked up at my brother.

"Oh, yeah. Well my car can only seat 8, so two seats have extra people. Felix and Changbin are sharing, and since you two took a little longer, you'll also be sharing." I saw him give the faintest smirk to me as I felt my face heat up.

I turned around to find Hyunjin already seated with a childish smile on his face. I just sighed and smiled to myself as I sat sideways on his lap.

"It might be more comfortable if you lay your head down." I heard Hyunjin speak into my ear. "We both know how Chan drives. Your head is gonna hit the roof sooner or later."

I was about to politely decline, but just as I opened my mouth, Chan must have hit a bump, because I bounced up and hit my head on the roof. I groaned in pain.

"Oh sorry! Since she don't have a seatbelt, you might want to hold her down, Hyunjin," I saw my brother smile in the rearview mirror at us. I almost jumped in surprise when I felt Hyunjin's arms snake around my waist to hold me down.

I decided to just go with it as I laid my head on his chest. I adjusted my body so that I'd be more comfortable. As soon as I was done moving, Hyunjin brought one hand up and began stroking my arm in a comforting manner as he laid his head on mine

Maybe it was the close proximity of being with someone I cared about, or the fact that it was Hyunjin, or how he held me so softly yet securely, or even how comfortable his chest was, but something caused me to be able to fall into a peaceful sleep.

——-

I stirred awake as I felt myself being carried. When I opened my eyes, I saw that Hyunjin was the one carrying me and that we were in the house.

"Hey, princess," he whispered out as he smiled at me. "We just got home. I'm taking you to your room. You should try and get some more rest."

He walked up the stairs, still somehow managing to carry me. Once we got to my room, he somehow opened the door and walked in. He gently placed me on my bed.

"Are you going to be okay?" He hesitantly asked as he sat next to me.

"I-I don't know." It hurt to talk from crying so much earlier. I got up and went to my dresser to pull out some shorts and a t-shirt to change into. "Can you please wait here until I change?" I asked him as I headed to the bathroom to get dressed.

"Of course, princess." He smiled at me as I turned to walk into the bathroom.

Once I changed and washed my face, I headed back out to see him still waiting for me. He stood up as I walked over.

"Is there anything else you need before you sleep?" He looked down at me with so much concern on his face. Honestly? I wanted to ask him to stay. I don't know if I'd be able to sleep by myself. But I didn't want to seem like a needy cry-baby, so I shook my head and gave him a fake smile, then quickly looked down as I felt tears threatening to spill.

"Princess," he spoke so softly I almost couldn't hear it. I didn't want to look up, but I did. And that's when the tears started to fall. He didn't hesitate to pull me into his warm and comforting embrace. I sobbed in his arms. He just held me and whispered comforting words into my ear as he rubbed my back and rocked us from side to side.

I eventually calmed down and as he pulled back and looked at my face, he spoke. "I'll be right back. Okay, princess?"

I nodded and he left the room. I went to wash my face again and get rid of any snot that had come out. As I walked back into my room, I saw Hyunjin standing there in some sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"Ready for bed?" he asked me with a smile as I stood there confused. I nodded and made my way to my bed, getting under the covers. He turned off my light and got in the bed next to me. We laid facing each other.

"Thank you Jinnie," I whispered out as his land pushed some stray hair out of my face.

He gave me a heartwarming smile as he pulled me into his chest. "Anything for you, princess. Goodnight." He kissed my forehead as I closed my eyes and fell into a peaceful slumber.