Chapter 26

It was pitch black in the room. I couldn't see anything, but I could hear Chan and the others shouting.

I didn't panic. Instead, I seized the opportunity and elbowed Lucas in the gut while I stomped on his toes. He quickly released his grip on me and I ran towards the direction I heard Hyunjin and the others.

Nuri's voice from across the room stopped in my tracks. She was begging for someone to stop whatever they were doing. They only laughed at her and her screams got louder.

BANG.

A gun went off, and it came from the direction where Nuri was. I couldn't hear her screaming anymore and I started to panic.

I heard Lucas yelling to his gang for them to leave, and then a bunch of shuffling.

"Nuri!" I bolted towards where I had seen her earlier. I couldn't help but think of what could have happened. Someone shot her. She's bleeding out.

As I ran to where I had heard Nuri, I bumped into someone. I knew he wasn't part of Chan's gang because none of them were over here. This person had to be in Lucas' gang. So I pulled back and punched him hard in the face. I heard a satisfying crack and whoever it was screamed.

I started running again and ran into something. After feeling around, I realized it was the chair that Nuri was on. I felt for her face and held it between my hands.

"Nuri!" I had tears starting to stream down my face. "Please answer me! Nuri! Where did he shoot you!" I was sobbing and screaming at my friend, trying to get her to respond.

The lights suddenly came back on and I screamed. Right in the middle of her forehead, was a bullet hole.

"Nuri! Oh my god!" I fell to the ground and sobbed so hard I couldn't breathe. "Nuri, please! No! Please say something!"

I stayed on the ground, sobbing at my dead friend's feet. I only lifted my head when I felt something touch my head.

Changbin was covering Nuri's bloodied and naked body with a blanket. He then picked her up and carried her away.

"Princess."

His voice was so soft, as if he was afraid his voice would break me. I turned to face him and the tears wouldn't stop flowing.

Hyunjin crouched next to me on the floor and helped me to stand up before his arms wrapped around me and his warmth engulfed me.

"I'm so, so sorry princess." He was rubbing my back in a comforting manner and he whispered to me. "We have to go though. They could come back at any moment. We- we have her body. So we can have a proper funeral."

"No!" I pulled away from him and started screaming. "No! We have to get them! They did this to her!" I was backing away from him and tripped over something, causing me to fall harshly on the ground. I looked up and saw that I had tripped on the chair where she died, which only cause me to sob harder.

I felt arms wrap around me, and I felt him press my head on his chest. He started a humming a familiar melody, and it was calming me down from a dry tears to mourning tears.

"Princess. We have to go. They could come back and hurt you." He stood up and pulled me with him. "Come on, they're waiting in the car."

I wiped my tears as I nodded and grabbed his hand to go to the boys.

We finally reached the cars. I guess Changbin had gone with Chan, Woojin, Felix, and Jeongin.  Hyunjin led me to the other car where Minho, Seungmin, and Jisung were waiting. I sat in the middle back seat beside Seungmin and Hyunjin.

I was still sniffling and light sobs were escaping my mouth. Hyunjin pulled me into his chest and stroked my hair as he hummed a sweet melody. The vibrations from his chest calmed me down significantly and I soon fell asleep. Nightmares of what had just happened kept playing on repeat.