Chapter 6

I was surprised to see Nuri and Mina awake when I got to my room. Well, they may have been awake, but they sure looked dead. I chuckled at them and gave them some comfy clothes to change into and I pulled some sweatpants over my shorts. After they got themselves cleaned up, we headed downstairs for them to eat and then Chan and I took them home.

——-

After my brother and I got back home, he asked me to wait for him in the living room. I jumped onto the big, comfy couch and sat criss-crossed as I got on my phone and waited for him.

I heard multiple pairs of feet above me in Chan's room, and then I heard someone coming down the stairs. I turned to see Chan walking towards me. He looked serious.

"Okay. You wanted to know what's going on. So I'm going to tell you." He looked at me with a very solemn expression. I've never seen him so serious. "But, I'm only telling you this because in light of recent events, it involves you. Unless I tell you otherwise, you cannot tell Mina or Nuri. Do you understand?"

"Chan, you're scaring me," my breathing was speeding up as I was feeling a bit anxious from what he was saying.

He sat down beside me and faced his body towards mine. "I know Rae. I'm sorry, but with what I'm about to tell you, you should be scared." He looked into my eyes and took my hand before he took a deep breath.

I stopped breathing until I heard his words. "I'm in a gang. Not just in one, I'm... kinda the leader. But we aren't a bad gang! We do good things! We stop the bad gangs from hurting people. However, that means that I've made some pretty bad enemies. And they found out about you. And they threatened you." He looked down and dropped my hand. "I know you're gonna be pissed with me, but it just kinda happened. I didn't mean for any of it, especially not the other gangs finding out about you."

Was I pissed? A little. Was I scared? Terrified. My overactive imagination started thinking up crazy scenarios of masked men hunting me down and killing me. My breaths were shaking and I could sense a panic attack coming on if I just sat there, so I spoke.

"Who else is in your gang?" My voice came out in a whisper.

"Well you see," he looked a bit uneasy. "My friends and I were just walking around one day when we saw some men beating up this guy. So we went and stopped it, we ended up getting into a very messy fight with a very bad gang. Ever since then, we just kinda formed a gang. People come to us for help if another gang is after them or something. And if we see anything, we step in and stop it. So what I'm saying is you know some of them already." He got up and went over to the stairs. "Hey guys, come on down!" He shouted up the stairs.

I heard a parade of feet coming down the stairs as he spoke. I turned around to see Changbin, Jisung, Hyunjin, and a few guys I didn't recognize.

"Rae, this is my gang. You already know Jisung, Changbin, and Hyunjin." They all waved except Hyunjin, he winked. "These are my other members, Woojin, Minho, Felix, Seungmin, and Jeongin."

They were all quite attractive. I was admiring each of them as I looked at all of their faces, then I saw the last boy, Jeongin I think. He looked so young!

"He's in your gang? He's like 10!" I said gesturing at the one with braces.

They all tried to hold in a chuckle as the younger boy got offended. "For your information, I'm actually 18 and one of the best weapons we have."

"And by that he means his incredibly annoying loud screech that he uses to distract people when we try to surprise them," the one called Minho said with an eye roll.

I giggled at the embarrassed expression that crossed Jeongin's face.

"Anyway, back to business." Chan clapped his hands to get everyone's attention. "So, for your safety, Rae, they will all be staying with us until we can determine who exactly it is that's after you. You'll also be receiving self-defense lessons from our best fighter."