Chapter 31

Mina and I stayed out on the balcony talking for a long time. I don't know what time we got out there, but it feels like we've been out here for hours.

We spent our time talking about anything and everything. But most of our conversation was filled with the happy memories we had with Nuri. We promised each other that we wouldn't be sad when we thought of her, and if we did get sad, we'd call each other. Nuri wouldn't want us to be sad, she'd want us to be happy, so that's what we would try.

"Whoah, look." Mina pointed behind me and I turned my head to see one of the most beautiful sunrises I have ever seen.

"Have we really been out here that long?" I giggled as I looked at Mina.

"I guess so, we should probably head back in before they think we ran off and did something stupid." She giggled as she stood up and pulled me into a hug.

I let out a deep breath as I wrapped my arms around her body. "It's going to be hard without her here, Mina. She was always so happy and brought any room to life."

"I know, Rae. But we can't dwell on the past. It won't bring her back. We just can't forget her. She'll always be with us." I felt Mina give me a tight squeeze before she pulled away. "Let's get back to bed, we've both had a rough few nights."

I nodded and we walked back into the house. She went into a bedroom and I walked down the hall to the room I left Hyunjin in.

The door creaked open as I entered and saw him asleep in the same position I left him in. I made my way over to the bed and lifted the covers to slid in next to him. His arms immediately wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to him. They stayed wrapped around me as he buried his head in my neck.

I smiled as my hands found their way to his hair and I played with his soft locks. I eventually just cuddled his head and closed my eyes to fall asleep.

———

We were back at NCT's House. Hyunjin and I were hiding behind the bushes. He got up to check the perimeter and I watched him.

I saw Jaemin.

He was sneaking up behind Hyunjin with a knife, I tried to shout a warning but no sound came out. I aimed my gun, closed my eyes, and pulled the trigger, Jaemin fell down.

I rushed over to him and tried to see where I hit him so I could stop the bleeding. When I reached him, I searched, but there was no wound. Right when I gave up, he opened his eyes and used the knife to stab me.

I startled awake and was breathing hard. I wiped my forehead clean of the sweat that had formed.

"Princess? Are you okay?" Hyunjin was still half asleep, but his eyes widened and he sat up when he saw the state I was in.

"It was just a dream. I'm fine." I used the hoodie sleeve to wipe my face of any remaining sweat and the tears that were forming in my eyes.

I saw Hyunjin smirk as he watched me.

"What?"

"You should keep my hoodie. It looks better on you." He looked at the clock on the side table and got up.

"I-I didn't know it was yours. It was just laying here and I was cold." I felt my cheeks heat up as I looked down.

"It's okay," he chuckled at me as he came over to sit in front of me. "Oh yeah, good morning." He kissed my nose and went to get up, but I kept him from leaving.

"Jinnie?" I looked up and met his beautiful eyes.

"Hmm?"

"I, umm. I'm willing to give this whole, us thingy, um a try." I looked down as I felt my cheeks heating up.

"Really?!" I could hear the excitement in his voice. "Wait, are you sure? If you're not positive-"

I leaned forward and kissed his lips to keep him from talking. As I pulled away, I licked my lips.

"Does that answer your question?"

He only responded with a smile as he leaned towards me, causing me to fall on my back with him above me.

"Yep." He popped the 'p' as he leaned down and kissed me again. This time, he placed one hand on the side of my face while the other made its way under his hoodie and rested on my waist.

He pulled away from the kiss and pecked my nose once before he sat up and caressed my cheek.

"Let's go, breakfast is probably ready by now." He grabbed my hands and pulled me up as he got off of the bed.

"Okay, okay. But I seriously need to shower. So shoo. I'll be down in a few." I gave him a smile and he kissed the top of my head as he left the room.

Time to wash away the past few days.