Chapter 15: White room

Mina POV
I open my eyes to see a white ceiling above me. I only heard cries, sobs and husky voice talking to someone.

'WHERE AM I?'

I tried to raise my head so that I can see what they were doing, but I failed. I felt dizzy and easily got tired so I lay back again then I heard gasps coming from everyone who's inside this wide white room.

I felt tight but smooth hug and I heard a man said.

"Be gentle to her. She is still recovering"

'He must be my doctor.'

I felt the hug loosen then the warmth leave me. I felt little disappointment in me.

'If I got out here I am going to punch you, just wait.'

l tried moving my hands but it only gives me pain in response. It was hard to move, I almost can't. Everything is really painful.

The bed moves and it makes me sit. The other gays smiling at me. I can see at their faces that they cried. I look beside me to saw Tzuyu.

She is the one who hugs me, that's why I felt so happy.

'I wish you want me the same as I do'

"Mina! Sweety! I am sorry" Mom said with teary eyes holding my right hand with her both hand smoothly, caressing it.

"We were sorry" Dad butted in, emphasising the word "We"

I look down. I know it was just a lie. All was just a lie. Everything was just a lie.

I scoff as I felt my mom flinch. I can see a glimpse of other member look into each other. I know they were not saying anything, but I can feel it. I think I know them too well.

I lost my trust to my own parents. They want me to hope for nothing. They will keep promising and won't fulfill it and will say sorry.

If I accepted they're apologise, they will do it again and again and again. People's attitude proves that the earth is round.

While looking down, I saw many tube is connected in me. It makes me worried, but that accident is not the most painful moment in my life.

--------------------------
~fast forward~

I am pretending to be asleep so that they all can leave without talking to me. I found out that I can speak when I got into the bathroom.

~flash back~

I didn't open my mouth but I gesture my mom that I need to get through the bathroom by pointing at my vag*na.

I figure out that I can't still walk since I can't move them so my doctors transfer me to wheelchair and mom pushes it so we can go and get going.

We went to the bathroom. My mom want to help me, she said that I might slip and bump my head but I said I dont want to by crossing my both index finger from my both hands.

"hi?" I whisper to the thin air and to my success, I am not temporarily muted. I can speak the whole time.

My voice is still slightly husky, but I think that it was fine as long as I can speak and utter a word.

I badly want to laugh at my silliness but I don't want my mom to hear me and to know that I can speak so I hold it back.

_________________
~fast forward~

I am pretending to be asleep so my eyes are closed but I can hear well. I can hear their voice whenever they talk and their footstep whenever they walk.

Hour by hour people lessens in this room until Mom, and Tzuyu is the one who is not giving up. They are not leaving yet.

My dad said he was just going to go somewhere but it was an hour ago since he leaves. So I don't want to wait for his presence.

I know, I can't just force Tzuyu to stay here with me since my mom is still inside and I don't want her to know that I can speak. At least not yet but I want Tzuyu would find it out first.

"Tzuyu, please take care of Mina. I am going to bathroom. Look to her well." My mom said.

I heard hear footstep getting weaker and weaker as I heard that the door opens and shut closed.

Now I am planning on what to do. Should I scare her? Should I open my eyes widely, grin and say hi? No? Erhm.

Just a seconds of planning on something I am going to do. I heard the door clicks and creaks.

"Tzu. Go home now. It is getting late." that was my brother.

'Wrong timing'

I heard Tzuyu make sound of agree but I felt she leans closer since her hair brushes my shoulder. She is going to whisper something.

"I like you" she whispers and get her things. I heard the door closed.

I felt that nobody is inside so I open my eyes and claim my breath.

"What just happened?" I ask that I, myself can't answer.

I want to smile since I felt the same way too, but I was so surprise and shock.

I painfully sit down and pull out the tube that was connected in me. I stand up and run but my legs are not working so I stumble down to the floor making a really loud thud.

I yelp in pain as doctors and nurses came rushing into my room. They help me sit back to my own bed and connect every tube that I pulled out.

I want to cry, I want to smile, I want to scream, I want to shout, but everything is just not want me to. I felt mixed emotions in me. I don't know what to do.

____________________

"Tzuyu" I said in the middle of my sobs.

My mom heavily asleep while my dad snoring loudly covering my sobs.

I am waiting here. Trying to bring the passed and waiting for tomorrow. Waiting to feel her presence, waiting for her, waiting for Tzuyu to come.