quince

✎

"what..?" minseo, jisungs mother said trying to register what her son had just told her.

"chenles back mom but he doesn't know who i am.." jisung let more tears fall down his cheek, staining his hoodie. minseo saw the pain in her sons heart and took him into another hug. tears threatened to fall by seeing her son crying so much. she could only imagine how much it must hurt for him. she knew how much jisung loved chenle and how happy he was whenever he was around but when the accident happened, it was like it took a big piece of him.

"oh baby... im so sorry. i know how hard it is for you. but trust me, it'll get better."

"but its not! every time... i even look at him, all i can see is the accident. his face covered in cuts, his body deteriorated, his head bleeding. its a living nightmare i deal with everyday. so no mom, it wont get better." jisung scoffs and walks to his room, locking himself in. his mother sighs and rubs her face from all the stress. whenever she tries to talk to jisung, it always seems to get him more incensed. she just wishes for their relationship to go back to the way it was.

jisung plops down on his bed. he mindlessly inspects his (actually) clean room. he heads over to his drawer and slides open the top one. there stored was a picture frame. jisung treasured this one forever and never stopped looking at it. a small smile appeared on his face as he looked at the picture. jisung was probably five and chenle, six. getting ice cream was probably one of their favorite things to do when summer time came along. though this time, they were being silly and smudged ice cream all over each others faces. minseo was lucky enough to catch the moment and snap a picture. after the accident, minseo decided to print it out and frame it as a birthday gift for jisung. even though chenle wasn't here to enjoy it, it was enough for one person to. jisung always kept it in a safe place and always looked back at it.

he gently put it back in his drawer and closed it. since it was nighttime and was pretty exhausted from today, he took a quick shower and brushed his teeth, getting ready for bed.

he covers himself with his blankets and closes his eyes.

chenle had a hard time sleeping. all he could think about was what he saw at the park. also all the visions he was getting. the sandwich, the ice cream, the tree, the chocolate milk and how he got his scar. he was muddled by these visions.

were they memories? the memories that chenle had lost and suddenly coming back after all these years?

though what was weird that it started happening when he met jisung. he also realized the kid in his vision looked like... jisung if he were younger. in a way, this all connects.

the fact that he knows he isn't going to sleep annoys him. he groans and gets out of bed, putting on his shoes and sneaking out the house. he was still in his pjs but he could care less, it wasn't like anyone was gonna see him.