eleven

мerc jaĸoвѕ pov

Music blast through my room to drown out my depressing thoughts. I cleaned my room and mumbled to the songs I knew. I don't really listen to music. Music is okay for times like this but on a daily basis it isn't for me. I heard pounding on my door from my closet. I hurriedly turned off the music and made my way to my locked door. There she stood in all her glory. She had on a sports bra and black tights. Her hair pulled back and a light coat of sweat on her body. She looked gorgeous and I wanted to drag her into my room away from prying eyes. My face remained Stony and my eyes emotionless. "How can I help you, Alpha Aslina?" I asked in a business like voice.

"Please call me Jenifer." She said with a small smile. I wasn't falling for it this time.

"No thanks. Is there something you need?" I asked once again.

"Yes, my shower isn't working. It's like my water cut off and I really need a shower. Do you mind if I use yours?" My throat went dry at the possibility of her being naked in my bathroom. 

"There are guest bathrooms all around the house. I will get someone to fix it as soon as possible." I stated. She wasn't coming in my room. This is my fortress. My cave and if she came in her scent would be in here for days, no matter how much I mopped, dust, and febreezed the place.

"They are all occupied by my team." She said smugly. I cursed under my breath.

"I'm sure a pack member wouldn't mind if you use theirs." I suggested. I was tired of this conversation. 

"They are busy at the moment and I don't want to bother them." She placed a hand on her hip.

"Well, I'm busy at the moment as well. You can't be in here and quite frankly I don't want you here in my space." I stated honestly.

"Well tough luck, home fry." She responded and pushed her way in. I frowned at the intrusion and turned to snap at her, to hear the shower running already. I marched into the bathroom, pissed off. I ripped open the shower curtain and I almost came in my pants.

"What is wrong with you?" I hissed at her. "I said no. I said I don't want you in my space." 

"I said to bad." She responded and put her head under the water. I pulled the shower curtain back and slammed the door behind me. I sat on my bed with my hands holding my head. Why doesn't anyone listen? I opened the window, but quickly closed it when rain started blowing in.  I wanted to scream but I held it in. After five minutes I heard the shower turn off and the curtain pull back. When she came out she had on different clothes and a big smile on her face.

"Get out." I whispered.

"But-" I cut her off.

"Get the fuck out of my room!" I exploded. "I can't have one thing to myself. I told you no. I told you that you aren't welcome in my space. In my home. Yet, you barged in."

"But-"

"No. You said you didn't want me. I accepted it. That doesn't mean that you can come to me whenever you feel like it. We aren't mates. We aren't friends. You're another Alpha who's training my pack. Don't come in my room. Don't go into my bathroom, and for the love of God don't go into my office unless I say you can. Now, GET OUT!" I roared. She stood there shocked and unmoving. I grabbed her arm gently and pulled her towards the door. "Don't come in my room." Before I could hear her response I slammed the door in her face and locked it. 

I slid down the door and cried. Why didn't she listen? Now I'll smell her in my room and remember her in my bathroom. I don't ask for much. I don't ask her for anything and she couldn't let me have one thing by myself. My head ached and I decided it was time to let my wolf run. To let him hunt. He howled in excitement and I chuckled at him. I slipped on some joggers and a fitted T-shirt. I decided against shoes and made my way down the stairs. When I got to the bottom, I saw her staring at me, but I ignored her gaze and walked into the forest. I shifted deep into the woods and I ran and howled in joy. I felt at peace. I felt content. 

After so many years, I felt true happiness.