Seventeen

Jenifer Aslina POV

I feel bad. I abandoned him and he's moved on already. He doesn't give me the time of day and it hurts me so much. He just hangs out with Vanessa and I see him smiling and laughing and that causes anger to build up inside me. Zander is angry as well. We don't like our mate hanging around a vampyre. I want to rip the blonde hair out of her head. "What are you thinking about, Mistress?" Zander asked as he rested his head on my lap in his kneeling position. 

"Nothing much." I responded. I can smell her all over him. I can hear their loud laughter drifting into our room and I can hear him tell her how much he loves her. I'm happy that he's happy. I felt   Zander place kisses on my leg, before I felt wetness on it. I looked down to see him silently crying and my heart breaks at the sight. I run my hands through his hair soothingly and pull him onto the bed. "Tell me what's wrong." I commanded.

"Why doesn't he want us? Is it because of me? Am I not good enough?" He asked between sobs and I pulled him closer to me.

"No, he loves you so much. Daddy is just busy right now. Daddy just needs someone to help him get back to us." I explained. He snuggles closer towards me and I try to smile. I was confused. I didn't know how to tell him to come to me. I didn't know how to tell him that we love him. That we want him. "Daddy loves you, sweet boy."

"Thank you, Mommy." He whispered against my leg while sniffling. I could hear him waving her off. She was finally leaving. I could finally talk to him without interruption. I heard him sigh loudly and I knew he wasn't happy. 

"Come, let's go see Daddy." I told Zander and he nodded excitedly, while running towards the door. He was bouncing in happiness and I smiled at the sight. "Go on and knock, baby." He pounds on the door and I heard Merc's voice call out. He looked absolutely ravishing when he opened his door. His hair was placed messily on his head and he had a towel on his waist.

"Daddy!" Zander called to him and pulled him into a hug. I saw his eyes widen in surprise and his body tense up, before he hugged him back and stared at him in awe. "Why are you gone, Daddy? Is it because of me? I promise I will be a good boy for you." He said in all one breath and Merc chuckled lightly.

"You didn't do anything wrong baby. You're always a good boy." He said and petted his hair and I saw him look at me in question. I gave him a tight-lipped smile and I shrugged my shoulders. He ushered us into his room and I sat on the couch quietly observing the two. Zander was talking excitedly to Merc and I would occasionally see him nod his head. Merc was happy, he was smiling and laughing and that caused joy to flow through me.

                                   He was finally happy.