Chapter Seventeen

Now for the moment you all been waiting for....

Chapter Seventeen

Alice sits on the couch with her bare feet and her legs folded underneath her. She still is still wearing her dress as she rests her head against the arm of the couch. The dance ended a half hour ago. Scott had walked her home and left without even trying to kiss her this time. She felt bad about the whole thing, but not enough to start something with him. She just did not find anything there that was worth the fight because in the end she knew what she wanted.

She raises her head when she sees Will walking through the front door. She grins, “She finally left?” Alice asks referring to Jenna. Alice was sitting waiting for Jenna to get in her car and leave. Of course Will had to be a gentleman and show her out after they got home.

Will sits on the couch next to her and drags her feet on top of his lap. “Yes she is gone for the night,” He says in a matter-of-fact tone.

“What?” She says hoping she misheard things wrong. “What do you mean for the night?”

“I am still going to talk to her, just as friends.”

Alice gives him a blank stare. “I love to see how that works out.”

Will shakes his head. “There is nothing to worry about,” He says. He smiles and puts the tips of his fingers on the palm of her foot and grazes it.

Alice pulls back her foot, “Do not do that. It tickles.”

Will ignores her and pulls her foot back to tickle it.

“No…stop,” Alice says laughing hard and trying to take back her foot. She stops trying and laughs a little harder. “Will… stop… ha-ha,” She says. Alice goes back in and finally gets his hands off her foot. She sits criss-cross while giggling. “You know… I hate being tickled.”

“I know,” Will shrugs. “The reason why I have to do it,” He says. Will wraps his arms around her and pulls her on his lap. With one arm wrapped around her he tickles her stomach with the other hand.

Alice kicks and screaming laughing at the top of her lungs.

Will continues to tickle her while laughing in her ear.

“N-no… Will!”

A few more seconds of tickling and Will finally stops. He rests his back against the arm of the couch. His arm is still wrapped around Alice as he is still laughing.

“So not… funny,” Alice giggles. She turns her body and they were facing each other and their chests touching. They both stop laughing seeing how close they were. Alice puts her arms around his neck, “So you love me?”

Will nods.

“How do you know?” She whispers.

Will shrugs, “It is not something that I can explain easily.”

“You must know something though.”

Will puts a hand on the back of her neck and smoothes his thumb against her cheek. He gulps, “When I thought I was going to lose you in that ambush, I thought what my life would have been like if you were not in it.” He pulls her hair back behind her ears and smoothes the tips of her ear.

“And?” She asks with her eyes half closed.

Will caresses the back of her neck. He searches her face while placing his other hand on her back. She could tell he was contemplating something. “It would have been hell if I never had you in my life.” He says.

Alice brushes her fingers through his hair. Growing up she always messed up his hair for fun, and always telling him that having neat hair was not Will. Now she was not doing it for the playful fun of it, she was doing it because she wanted to. She wanted to feel that spark and the heat that came with it. It is what she has been feeling the last few weeks; it just has taken her this long to stop denying it.

“Alice,” Will mumbles.

Looking back into his eyes, Alice could see the love he has for her in them; the same ones that have always seen her for who she really was. Here on Earth he was the only one who knew she was a princess and a fairy disguised as a human. On Eden he knew she was a princess, but always saw past the crown, and loved her regardless.

Will brings her head down and kisses her. The kiss was much deeper this time as he caresses her face.

Alice’s hair falls to the side as she kisses him back. Just as deep and passionate as his kiss was. One hand brushes her fingers into his hair, while the other roves up and down his chest. She straddles his waist when Will sits up and presses her against his chest and tangling his hands in her hair.

Will pulls away and kisses her jaw line all the way down to the nape of her neck and back up again. He kisses her lips again and picks her up and carries her over to the stairs. He almost trips over the first step so instead flies up to his room. He lays Alice on her back and continues to kiss her.

 Alice pulls away and they are both breathing hard as they look at each other. Alice cups her hand on his cheek and smiles. She puts her hand on the back of his neck and pulls him down giving him small kisses on the lips and then his cheek before laying her head back down on the pillow.

Will grins and brushes his knuckle against her cheek. He leans down and kisses her deeply on the lips. Will sighs and rolls off of her and on to his side. He wraps an arm around her and pulls her in, resting his chin on the crown of her head.

“I honestly… did not think… you could kiss… like that,” Alice says. She rests her head against his chest. She folds herself into him and closes her eyes. She grins, “This was a very nice talk.”

She hears Will chuckle and he kisses her on the forehead. “Good-night Alice,” He says in the dark.

Will opens his eyes seeing a faint glow coming from the square mirror in his bedroom. He squints wondering what the king wants. There really was no reason to panic since it was normal for Will to receive a message this late at night from the king because of the time difference. He went to answer the call when he realizes that Alice was asleep in his arms.

The order that King Allegros had given him prior to coming to Earth, about not taking advantage of Alice, enters Will’s head. Of course he did not take advantage of her, but if Allegros sees her sleeping in Will’s bed, that is not going to look good.

Will gets up and scoops Alice into his arms. The motion wakes her up and she looks around groggily. “What’s going on?” Alice whispers.

“I think your father is calling and he cannot see you sleeping in my bed,” Will says pacing out of the room and into Alice’s.

“Why?” She mumbles.

Will lays her inside the covers and brushes back her hair. “Your father is the king, and therefore he scares me.” He kisses her forehead, and leaves the room. Will walks into his room and turns on a light. He walks up to the mirror and taps on it.

The image of King Allegros appears. He was sweaty and dirty from the battle earlier. At the beginning of the war Will was new to that appearance, as he was used to seeing his king clean and neat. After sometime he grew accustomed to it, and became more proud to call Allegros his king, since he was out in battle protecting the kingdom. But on top of looking like he came out of battle, there was something in his face that told Will something was wrong.

“Sir?” Will says when Allegros does not say anything.

Allegros does not look at him as he breaths hard. “Alice, how is she?”

Will’s eyebrows stitch together. “She is fine. Asleep actually,” He says.

“I heard she was going to a dance.”

“Yes, she had a good time,” Will answers in confusion. Will has known Allegros since he was twelve. As a matter of fact Allegros is one of the reasons Will is who he is today. All those years he always saw his king as brave, confident, and wise; all those things that make a king. But right now it looked like his king was going to crumple.

Allegros nods, “I am glad to hear that.”

Will licks his lips and dares to ask, “Sir, may I ask is there something wrong?”

Allegros nods quietly. He turns away trying not to look at Will as his eyes looks watery.

“What is it?”

Allegros opens his mouth and whispers one word, “Celestial.”