Eighteen

You woke up to the sun blinding you eyes, "Damn it." You say. I forgot to close the blinds last night.

You lazily crawl out of your bed, thank God it's Saturday, you didn't need to go to work. You yawn before getting in the bathroom to take a long, warm shower.

After putting on a sweater and shorts, you go to the living room rubbing your eyes. "I don't have the will to live today."

You see your dad drinking coffee, seated on the table. When he senses that you were there, he looks up at you and smiles.

"Goodmorning Chae."

"Morning dad."

Surprisingly, he puts down his cup of coffee and approaches you. Out of nowhere, he tackled you into a hug, and you were just there, with wide eyes, and a confused look.

"Let's just, forget about that night okay? We're good." He says.

"I really wouldn't wanna do that dad. I am NOT gonna forget any stuff again." You reply, putting an emphasis on the word "not."

He laughs a bit and pulls away from the hug. "You want some coffee?"

"Sure."

In the middle of pouring the coffee in the cup, both of you were surprised to hear the doorbell ring. "Huh? Who?" you ask, and your father shakes his head, both of you equally confused.

You walk up to the door, and when you open it, you see Jungkook, holding flowers.

"Morning Chae." He smiles.

"What's all this?"

"Well, I asked you if I could court you right? Well, this is it."

You look at him and chuckle a bit. "You know, I'm not exactly the type who likes flowers right?"

"Uhhh."

"You ran out of ideas? Didn't you?" You smirk. "You know the flowers will just die."

"Stop ruining my moment of being romantic Chae. This only happens once in a lifetime."

Both of you laugh and you ask him to come in, but as you turn around you see your father behind you, with arms crossed and eyes staring into Jungkook.

You watch them as Jungkook shyly smiles and scratches the back of his neck as your dad says, "Trying to make a comeback, huh Kook?"

You laugh as they just stare at each other, Kook looking so scared and your father looking intimidating as ever. He has that habit, of scaring away all the guys who court you. It's just how he is.

Both you and Kook were surprised when your father suddenly burst out laughing and hugged Jungkook. "I missed you kiddo." He says.

Jungkook pats his back and says, "I missed you too sir."

He heads on in and you spend the day laughing and chatting with the two of them.

------------------------------◇---------------------------

It was night time, and Jungkook just went home after hanging out the whole day. You would be lying if you told yourself you didn't have a nice time because you did. He's a funny, kind guy and it's fun to be with him. But, the whole time, there was this unsettling feeling at the pit of your stomach, and you just couldn't help but feel guilty.

Everytime he makes you laugh, everytime you feel happy, you are reminded of Jimin. You would constantly ask yourself if he would be mad at you hanging out with Jungkook, letting him court you. You wondered what he was doing right now. You wanted to message him or even call him. You haven't contacted him in a day and you already felt empty, you wanted to hug him and tell him everything's alright. But it wasn't.