Twenty-two

I needed to split the chapter again whoops.

"Irene." I hear Jimin call as he sits beside me.

"Are they here yet?" I ask. I was pertaining to Chae and Jungkook. They're freaking 30 minutes late. We agreed on 5:00 pm but it's already 5:30.

"Nope. They haven't called yet. Probably on the way."

"Tsk. Why are they so late?"

Jimin only laughs and shakes his head.

Your POV

You and Jungkook were fast walking to the restaurant. It was embarrasing that you guys had made Jimin and Irene wait for 30 minutes.

Finally, you and Jungkook arrived at the restaurant and Jungkook opened the door as you enter.

"Wahhhh finally." You look around and spot Jimin and Irene sitting down at a table. You tap Jungkook's shoulder who was looking around for them too. "There." You say, pointing to their table. Jimin sees you too and waves and motions you to come over there.

"Hey! Sorry to keep you waiting." You say.

Jungkook gives Jimin a hug, while you give Irene a kiss.

"Waaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! Omygosh hi Hyerin!!" You say. "Can I please carry her?" You say. So cuutee. You think to yourself.

"Yeah, go ahead." Irene says as she carefully hands you Hyerin.

You carry baby Hyerin and you had the widest smile on your face. "Hi baby!"

You look at Irene, still having that smile on your face. What confused you though, was that she was looking at you with a weird facial expression. She was also raising her eyebrows in a mocking way while smirking.

You furrow you eyebrows and ask, "What?"

"Why are you late?"

"Huh?"

"Answer the question."

"....We overslept?" She can't possibly just guess that easily.

"Why? Did you do something last night?"

"What? The heck?" The both of you were whispering now, how usual best friends would do when gossiping.

You could feel the blood rush to your cheeks, and you had to hide your red face behind the baby you were carrying.

"How did you know????" You ask.

"Oh please. I already figured it out with the panic of your voice while you were calling me a while ago."

"And please! I'm your best friend. And actually, anyone can guess because of...you know." She looks down on your hands, you followed her gaze and realized where she was looking at. Your ring finger.

You blush even harder, which made Irene burst into laughter. Thank God the boys were having their own conversation.

You couldn't say anything else. You decided to just listen to what the boys were talking about.

"So. When's the wedding?" Jimin asks. Their conversation wasn't gonna help your flustered state either.

Jungkook looks at you and gives you a smile. "Somewhere around..September? We need a lot of time to prepare since, you know, weddings aren't easily done."

"Mmm..yeah." You say.

Irene was trying so hard to not laugh out loud because you were as red as a tomato. You remember what you said to Irene a few days ago....

"Irene...I really want to marry him already."

Irene suddenly burst out laughing, both of you were were just hanging out together and you said this literaly after the both of you just recovered from laughing so hard from an entirely different conversation.

"Dudeee..that was so random." You admitted.

"Exactly why I'm laughing. How did we get from how frogs and fish and mermaids reproduce to this??"  soyeonswag I CANT LMAO.

You laugh out loud as well. Both of you were so weird.

"How did we even end up talking about how mermaids reproduce anyways???"

"I. have. no. idea." She burst out laughing again, and you didn't even know why but you laughed with her again. The alcohol must be kicking in, and you and Irene haven't even gone through one bottle. And take note, both of you shared that bottle.

"You...you must be thinking about how humans reproduce weren't you?"

"What??"

"Whatever dude."

Back to reality....

You were laughing a bit and Irene was laughing too, the two boys were just looking at you two probably thinking both of you were crazy.

"Why are you guys laughing??" Jimin asks.

You and Irene look at each other and Irene says, "Why do I feel like we're thinking about the same thing??"

"I think we are though..."

"We share the same braincell."

"Okay..." Jungkook says. You felt bad for the boys.

As the night came to a close, all of you agreed to go home and call it a night.

You were in the car now, thinking about random things. Jungkook placed his hand on your thigh, and you look at him.

He glances at you and you continue looking out the window.

Everything's that happened, you were really glad that the outcome was this. You were happy that your best friend finally got what she wanted, you were happy you were still in good terms with Jimin. But the best part really was that you had Jungkook by your side. Throughout the many years of your life, you have learned a lot of things. You should cherish every moment you have with your family. What happened to Soo and your mother already happened, and neither you or your dad saw it coming. Life will throw many problems and obstacles, everyone will have this point in their lives. What matters is that we learn how to cope with these problems. We should learn how to be positive and be kind despite all these. The world, your life will never be perfect. All these problems will teach you so much, and in the end, you will have your reward.

"Challenges make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes live meaningful." -Joshua J. Marine