PART-II

(STILL IN THE PAST):

"Khushi...Khushi Kumari Gupta...that's her name sir", Aman said.

"Khushi", he breathed. Sitting in the lounge chair in his lawn with his palms under his head "Khushi", he repeated, "she does look happy", Arnav said.

"For now", Aman thought. But he did not have the guts to voice that out.

"Good job Aman!", "You actually got back to me in..." extracting his left hand from under his head, looking at his rolex watch, "...22 hours"

"Sir..." Aman said hesitatingly.

"What is it?", Arnav asked sharply. He knew Aman well enough by now to understand that the hesitant tone meant job half-done.

"She comes from a very conservative family sir. She will not agree to... to such an arrangement", Aman dragged.

"Haven't you learnt anything from me in the past 5 years?", Arnav barked irritated. "Buy her Aman", he continued, "there is nothing in the world that money cannot buy."

Oh, ASR, you are in for a big shock...

"I want her here in the mansion by tomorrow evening", Arnav said.

"But sir..."

"You are excused", Arnav said in a cold steely voice.

Working as his PA, Aman knew that ASR's cold tone was more dangerous than his angry tone. Aman scurried away to safety.

The next evening:

Arnav walked down the stairs from his patio in the second floor to the living area when he heard a soft musical female voice. She was trying to convince the maid servant that she had been told to come over. A big smile erupted on Arnav's face.

The maid servant left with a flicker of his hand. He looked at the girl...Khushi...from bottom to top. In a simple pink-colored sari, she looked divine. Her complexion, her flawless skin, her curves, her big hazel eyes, her pink plump lips... Arnav was lost.

"I have to have her", he thought.

She noticed the way he looked at her and felt very... very uncomfortable.

"Sir ji.." she said timidly looking down, "I...I was told to help out here tonight", she continued, "I guess most probably in the kitchen.. since I am a very good cook".