PART- IX (B)

PRESENT TIMELINE (CONTINUED FROM LAST PART):

As soon as the meeting ended, Khushi rushed out. She met Atul, her manager.

"Sir", she requested Atul, "I don't want to work with ARB", "Can I be pulled back into our company again?"

Atul looked at her like she had grown two horns. "But why Khushi?" he enquired, "it's a wonderful professional opportunity", "Anyways, I can't say anything. You have to speak to boss"

Khushi waited until Mr.Raman stepped out of the conference room and silently followed him to his cabin. She repeated her request.

"I am sorry Khushi", Mr.Raman said, very surprised at her strange request, "ARB has chosen you. It is a part of our contract", "You have to work with them", he added, "I have a good news for you", he paused for dramatic effect, "You will be working in close association with Mr.Raizada"

Khushi was horrified.

"Sir", she intercepted him softly, "um... I... I cannot", "I mean... he is a big shot, I am scared to work with him", "What if I do any mistakes?", she added hiding the real reason

"Well then, be careful not to make any mistakes", Mr.Raman dismissed her with slight irritation in his words.

"Devi Maiyya, help me", Khushi prayed as she stepped out of Mr.Raman's cabin to see her devil leaning on a pillar, arms folded on his chest, looking extremely handsome.

Realizing her predicament, he smirked at her. Khushi was worried if he would expose their relationship infront of others. She closed her eyes tight for a second. Arnav read the sign right. He exhaled a deep breath.

He wanted her, very badly infact but he would never ever embarrass her in front of others. 

He decided to play smooth.

"Mr.Raman", Arnav called with authority 

"Yes ASR", Mr.Raman answered promptly

"Do you have someone I can use temporarily to help me with scheduling and other stuff?" Arnav asked him casually

"Absolutely", Mr.Raman was more than willing, "Khushi will help you ASR"

Mr.Raman turned towards Khushi and signaled her with his eyes to go to ASR.

"Khushi", Arnav- the gentleman offered his hand to shake, "Nice to meet you"

Even though Khushi was stumped, she managed to gather her wits quickly, "Nice to meet you too sir", gritting her teeth in anger she returned the handshake.

Arnav squeezed her hand gently and rubbed his thumb on the back of her palm, "Can you help me with some stuff please? Into my cabin, Now", he guided her into his office with a subtle command.

He made sure that the whole interaction looked very casual and professional to the colleagues around.

Khushi was scared as a rabbit. She trailed behind him silently to avoid any confrontations. She didn't want to attract attention to her.

He closed the door behind her. Khushi's head snapped up as he bolted the cabin door.

Noticing his eyes turning dark, Khushi closed her eyes and took a deep breath...