PART- XV

PRESENT TIMELINE

(Continued from last Part)

Raizada Mansion, Delhi:

The weather in RM was stormy, to say the least. Tina had left to her place crying, and Dadi had a difficult time placating her friend's family. They were absolutely unforgivable about breaking the alliance.

When nothing worked, she blasted Arnav for not living up to her expectations and thwarting a perfect bride. She blamed Arnav for straining ties with her friend of old times.

Arnav couldn't stand that and there was a heated exchange of words between the matriarch and her grandson. Anjali tried mollifying both of them, for fear that their relationship might turn turbulent. Things quickly escalated out of control and Dadi collapsed on the couch unconscious.

Arnav and Anjali were never more scared in life. They cared for their precious Dadi. For all her stubbornness, she had fiercely loved, protected and raised them after their parents passed away.

Anjali sobbed her eyes out in the hospital. Even though she said nothing, Arnav felt that she accused him of Dadi's current state.

Arnav slumped down into a chair infront of the ICU. 

Dadi was placed on opioids and her frail body was hooked up to a multitude of machines.

As her body stirred gently, both the siblings were ushered into the ICU by the doctor.

"Keep her stress free", he advised them

"I am sorry Dadi", Arnav apologized genuinely, "it was never my intention to hurt you"

Dadi nodded faintly as Arnav held her hand and kissed it softly.