PART VI (B)

PAST TIMELINE

CONTINUED FROM THE LAST PART..SAME TIMELINE AS THE LAST ONE...

Next morning at Raizada estate Mansion:

Khushi stood in front of him in the living room nervously fidgeting with the pallu of her sari. Her eyes were down and she was scared to death. Arnav was angry until he saw her, but one peek at her beautiful face calmed his senses. For some inexplicable reason, he wanted to win her heart instead of scaring her.

Arnav enquired pleasantly, "How are you Khushi?"

Khushi's jaw dropped. This is not the tone or the words that she had expected. She simply nodded.

Arnav: How is your father doing?

Khushi: Thank you Sir ji. He is... uh...your men... admitted him in the big hospital.

Arnav: I know.

Arnav looked at her with a smoldering gaze.

Arnav: I held up my end of the deal. It's your turn now.

Tears swam in Khushi's eyes. She knew what that exactly meant. But there was no way out. She slowly nodded her head in affirmative.

Arnav got up from the couch, and started walking towards her. She instinctively took a step back. 

"No", he said, "Don't move back". He ran his thumb on her cheek gently. 

Khushi's heart was thumping in her chest. She closed her eyes tightly.

He cupped her face with both his hands, lifted her chin up and brushed his lips on hers. She jolted her eyes open. He smiled at her surprised look. 

"Tonight", he breathed at her lips.

He saw a blush spreading on her cheeks. Khushi was herself puzzled that she felt shy instead of anger or fear. 

Arnav was fascinated to see her blush.