INTERLUDE

Dear Readers,

This FF was started with the intent of being a thriller. This chapter may not be upto your expectations, but this is an essential link between past and present. Once you read this, most of you will understand the reasons for Khushi's behavior. The reason I call this "Interlude" is because it does not fit in any of the two time frames that the story runs through... This is way before "PAST". This happened FIVE YEARS before the original story.... Hence I cannot number it- this forms the crux of the story... I will follow this up with another update pretty soon...

.......................................................................................

Way Back to the PAST (5 years before the original timeline) at MJP University, Bareilly:

Khushi was very excited about the start of her third year in BA, Economics. Staying at the university hostel gave her freedom and good exposure to the ways of the world. She wished to be independent, earn her living and support her family. Khushi was brought out of her dreams by her friend Smriti.

"Khushi, where are you lost?" Smriti waved a hand in front of her face

"Nothing Smriti, just thinking of my family, future and job"

"Hold your horses lady", Smriti chuckled, "We still have the whole of 3rd year left before we are done with this"

"I know. Can't I plan or may be at least daydream?"

"You sure can; if you don't mind staying here for another year, that is..."

"Shut up.. I won't fail just because I fantasize about things occasionally"

"By the way Khushi, did you figure out who was that guy? Did he meet you again?"

The very thought of that stranger sent shivers down Khushi's spine.

"He is scary Smriti. I haven't seen his face though. I have seen his outline a couple of times. It feels like he is constantly staring at me. He has been leaving roses- at my desk, in the library where we sit normally, also in the class sometimes. He even sent me 'good luck' messages before our volleyball matches"

"I think it's time to complain"

"But why? I agree he is creepy, but he has never tried to harm me"

"You never know, but I have a bad feeling about this. Remember once you forgot your scarf in the library, you missed your anklet in the playground and when we went back to get them, both the times we lost those"