PART- VII (B)

PRESENT TIMELINE: (continued from the previous part)

A week later at RM:

Arnav was almost ready in his business formals. His flight to Bombay was in a few hours. He had to stop by AR to sign some documents before he left to airport.

He turned to look for his coat and found Tina sliding it on his arms gently.

"ASR", she purred softly in his ear, "Can I... can I come with you to Bombay?"

Arnav narrowed his eyes at her, "Since when do you accompany me on my trips?"

"Please", she supplicated, "I will not disturb you in any way", "I just want to be with you", "we can see the beach sometime together".

"No", he was clear, "This trip is very important for me", "Why don't you go to Banglore and spend time with Di and Family?"

"ASR", she held his right hand before he moved away, "You cannot do official work all day, right?", she asked hopefully.

"This is not an official trip. It is personal", she was stunned to hear him say that.

"Personal?", she screeched, "But then..."

"Enough Tina", he roared

"But I am entitled to know", she said as a last resort

"No, you don't", he added in a dangerously low tone, "I told you already", "Do not rub your rights on me".

He took his carry-on bag, turned swiftly and left.

Bombay, the Financial Capital of India:

Arnav had been to Bombay a multitude of times, but this time his heart started beating fast as the flight descended. 

As he watched the aerial view of Bombay skyline, he felt a hitherto unknown peace.

"It is different this time", he smirked, "the air smells of Khushi", he shook his head, "I am crazy insane about my girl"

Aman was in Bombay from the past one week and had successfully executed the plan. Arnav had chuckled when he saw Aman's message the previous day, "The gun is fully loaded and ready to be fired sir".

Akash Bansal came to the airport to pick Arnav.

"You could have sent a driver to pick me up Akash", Arnav said getting into the car, albeit arrogantly, "Why did you have to leave your work and come?"

"It was not a problem at all ASR",
Akash said admiringly, "Waise, Aman has been an amazing help from the past one week".

"Hmm",
said Arnav, his thoughts going back to the reason for his visit here.

His contemplative mood was broken by Akash welcoming him into ARB building.

"ASR, I am so excited to show you around ARB", Akash said reverently, "We function along the lines of AR"

"I know"
, Arnav was a tad reckless, "Di said you have been working very hard too".

He looked around and added, "Good job Akash" sending Akash over the moon.

Aman came down to receive his boss. "Tomorrow evening is the party with Tech Designs", Aman told Arnav as they both exchanged a knowing smile.

"How do you know if all of their employees will be present?", Arnav asked Aman with a naughty glint.

Aman shook his head and chuckled, "Sometimes he is impossible, well, most of the times", he corrected in his mind.

"I made it mandatory", Aman said with a wicked smile on his face.

Next evening, Party at Taj, Bombay:

The CEO of Tech Designs was thanking Akash and Arnav copiously for their support. Even though Akash felt uncomfortable as he was not the one who struck the deal, he stayed silent as Arnav had told him to.

Arnav slowly moved behind as he kept his eyes on the entrance, "Any time now, honey", his body tightened in anticipation.

An unsuspecting Khushi entered the venue smiling with her colleagues in a light pink colored net embroidered saree. She looked simple and stunning.