chapter two - leery

you followed the nurse to your doctor's office. when you arrived at the door you read the sign that was attached to it. dr valerio jimenez. you hesitated to knock on the door, but you had to do it. after a few seconds you heard a "come in" and the nurse opened the door. "hello dr jimenez, this is your new patient, (y/n) (l/n)." you heard her say. "ah, miss (l/n), very good. please come in and have a seat." you did as he told you and heard the door close behind you.

"hello leslie, how are you today?" dr marcelo jimenez entered leslie's room and approached the young man who was sitting in a corner. "today is thursday. you know what that means, right? we can go to the outside playground for one hour." the boys eyes suddenly seemed to lit up. he clumsily tried to stand up and followed his doctor. "p-playground...," he mumbled. "that's right, leslie. are you excited?" the boy nodded. "excited..."

"so, miss (l/n). how are you settling in?" you looked at your doctor. "fine," you said as you began to study the office.
"i know, the first days can be hard, but once you're settled in, everything will be easier and the therapy will be more effective. and enjoyable..." you instantly looked at dr valerio jimenez with a wary expression on your face but he was just sorting a few papers as if he didn't say anything. maybe i imagined that.
"your therapy will be starting tomorrow, here is your weekly plan." he handed you a piece of paper with a chart on it. every day was strictly planned. dr valerio jimenez stood up and motioned for you to do the same. he went to the door and opened it. "i will see you tomorrow, miss (l/n). if you don't know how to get back to your room, just ask a nurse. they will gladly help you." you just nodded. but then something else captured your attention.

dr marcelo jimenez and leslie were on their way to the playground as leslie began to get nervous. his doctor noticed it. i shouldn't have brought him here... but the other stairwell is closed because of repair work...
suddenly a door opened and leslie flinched as he noticed which door it was. he saw his old doctor, valerio jimenez, and began to panic. but then he saw her. she said something to him. suddenly she looked right into his eyes. the eye contact didn't last for long as one of the doctors started to speak. it was leslies doctor. "valerio..." he nodded in his direction. "marcelo..." dr valerio jimenez looked at his brother until he looked back at you. "well, i hope you enjoy the rest of your day. i will see you tomorrow." after that he went back into his office and closed the door.