chapter five - enthral

"come in." you slightly jolted when you heard the annoyed voice of your doctor. hesitantly, you opened the door and peeked your head in the room. "ah, miss (l/n), please come in and take a seat." you did as he told you, even if you felt slightly uncomfortable.

"today is our first session, but don't worry. we will only talk about a few things. how was your first night?" dr valerio jimenez looked at you. "it was fine," you lied. he nodded and took some notes. your stomach twisted as he stared at you for minutes. finally, he stood up and said something while walking to the window. "(y/n)... i hope it's okay that i call you by your first name?"
you didn't answer. "you see... it's important that you talk to me, and even more important that you don't lie to me." his voice rose slightly and you gulped. the bad feeling inside of you grew more and more. "you need to trust me so i can help you as best as possible. you're not here without a reason and you know that. i am one of the best psychologists and i don't plan on losing my reputation because some patients don't want to cooperate, you know?" he walked back to you and sat down. you panicked and didn't know what to do. he mustered you and sighed.

"it's a bit overwhelming, i understand that. i think we should end today's session and continue tomorrow," he said while walking to the door. you quickly stood up and followed him. he opened the door and motioned for you to go through. "i will see you tomorrow, (y/n)." after that, he closed the door.

leslie was drawing something in the common room while his doctor was taking some notes. leslie's behaviour and habits didn't really get better, the opposite was the case. dr marcelo jimenez knew that it was because of the experiments, but they needed the boy. but then he thought that maybe... no, that couldn't be possible. he repressed that thought and looked at leslie. suddenly the door opened and the girl they both saw the other day walked into the room. leslie's head shot up as if he felt her presence. he looked at her as if she could disappear any minute. the girl shyly walked through the room when she noticed that the white haired boy was looking at her. she began walking over to him, but he instantly looked down at his drawing.

you continued to approach the boy who seemed to get more nervous with every step you took. something about him impressed you. when you reached the table, you kindly smiled at him. "can i sit here?" you pointed at the chair in front of him. he looked up and slightly nodded. you sat down and didn't know what to say, when you noticed that he was looking at you with wide eyes. normally you would find that uncomfortable, but he looked way too adorable while doing that. "my name is (y/n)," you said while giving him an understanding look. "(y-y/n)..." he said your name as if it was the most precious thing in the world. you blushed slightly. "what's your name?" you asked him. the boys expression got nervous again. "y-your name... your name..." you slightly giggled at his reaction. "it's okay, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to," you said. "his name is leslie, leslie withers." you jolted because you didn't notice the doctor standing next to you. when you looked at him you noticed that it was the doctor you saw after you left your doctor's office the other day.
that's probably leslie's doctor.
"please excuse him, he has some problems with communication, but it seems that he likes you," he said. "that's okay." you turned your attention back to the boy. "you have a beautiful name, leslie."  his head shot up as if he couldn't believe your words. "well, we should head back leslie. i'm sure you two will see each other again," leslie's doctor said and walked towards the door. but leslie didn't move. he just sat there looking at you. "are you coming?" suddenly leslie looked down again and clumsily stood up. he waddled to his doctor but stopped after a few steps as if he forgot something. you thought that he would turn around and say something, but then he started approaching his doctor again and the two left the room.

so that's leslie withers. i wonder what happened last night...
you didn't know why but you were kind of sad. you wanted to spend some more time with him, there's something special about him that you can't describe. after a few minutes you decided to go back to your room when you noticed that leslie forgot his drawing. you decided to take a look at it. he drew a girl with (h/c) hair and a boy that looked like him. you could see a sun and some flowers. but the thing that caught your eye the most was the black mist surrounding them.