chapter four - precognitive nightmares

you were running. the cold sweat on your forehead slowly started to drip down. you didn't quite know from what you were running, but you did know one thing. that you were running for your life.

you jolted up. your heart was racing and you gasped for air. it was pitch black and your eyes needed a moment to adjust to the darkness. you looked to your left and tried to find the lamp on your nightstand. once you turned on the light, you slowly started to calm down. you couldn't remember much of your nightmare, but that was probably for the best. you drank some water and got out of bed. these nightmares have been haunting you for years now, and you were too afraid to go back to sleep. you placed the chair in front of the window and drew the curtains so you could see the park. it was still dark outside, but you could see how the sun slowly began to rise. suddenly you heard footsteps coming close to the door. people were running. you quickly went to the door and tried to listen. "what happened?" "i don't know, but it's an emergency." "again some problems with the pale boy?" "you mean leslie withers? i think so, yes. we have to..." you couldn't tell how the sentence ended, the nurses were already too far away.
leslie withers? i wonder who that is...
you decided to go into the bathroom to brush your teeth and wash yourself. when you were done, you grabbed one of your books and started reading.

after one hour you heard a knock on the door and your nurse entered the room. "good morning miss (l/n), i see that you're already up. how was your night?" "it was fine, thank you," you said while putting your book on the nightstand. the nurse slowly approached you. "i was thinking... would it be okay for you if i call you by your first name?" you stood up and slightly smiled at her. "that's fine by me," you said.
"great, in my opinion it is much more pleasant. you can call me tatiana if you want to." you nodded. "well, it's time for breakfast then. please follow me," tatiana said while leaving the room. you followed her and ate your breakfast while she walked off to organise some things. after you finished your breakfast you decided to go back to your room. you still had some time until your first appointment. you were about to leave the room when you saw the white-haired boy entering the room with his nurse. he looked tired and didn't react to anything. you felt your heart sting. what happened to him? you wanted to go to him, but then you thought that this probably isn't the best time, so you sadly looked over to him and left the room.

once you were back in your room you looked at your weekly plan. the session with your doctor was your next appointment. you still had half an hour, so you decided to continue reading. after twenty-one minutes you left your room. you had no idea where you had to go. on your plan was a different room written down than your doctors office. thankfully you were able to find a nurse and he showed you the way.
you hesitated. something felt wrong. you took a deep breath and... knocked.