chapter six - envisage

you walked back to your room and took a look at your weekly plan. you had one last appointment today, a group therapy session. "great..." you mumbled. group therapy was definitely not one of your favourite things. you didn't like the idea of telling others too much about you, making yourself vulnerable. but you had to go. you quickly drank some water and went to the session.

when you arrived, you saw that some other patients were already there. the look concerned you. all of them were in bad condition, sitting there apathetic. you carefully walked to a free chair and sat down, examining the room. there were a few tables and chairs, some paintings on the wall, a sink and an extinguisher. that was everything. you looked up in the unpleasant, artificially light that slightly lit up the room. you really missed the sunlight and fresh air but you weren't allowed to go outside yet. suddenly the light shone brighter, it was too bright, too much.

slowly, the light started to get darker and you felt your heart pounding in your chest.
where am i?
you looked around. the room was dark and dirty, a mirror was broken and the shards laid everywhere. there were no windows, just one door. when you tilted your head to the side you saw an instrument table with scalpels, knifes, scissors and other unpleasant things. you started to panic and wanted to get up, only to realise that you were tied to a cold, metallic table. suddenly you heard some muffled screams. you struggled to get out of the restraints, but they were too tight. you felt hopeless as you didn't know what to do. how did you end up here?
"(y/n)..." your head shot up. someone said your name, but who? were you about to die? you felt the salty tears streaming down your face. you didn't even realise that you started to cry. "(y/n)..." the voice said again. you recognised that voice. it was soft and full of pain. you looked around when you saw someone stepping out of the shadow. first you saw the soft white hair, then the ocean blue eyes, until leslie stood right next to you. his look of soul-deep sorrow touched you. he slowly raised his hand to touch the restraints that kept you in place. you couldn't control your breathing anymore, all you felt was terror. "(y/n)..." he said again. you looked in his eyes. they were full of pity and agony. loud footsteps disrupted your eye contact. leslie started to panic and put his hands over his ears while running away. "leslie, no, wait!" you screamed. "hurt, hurt, hurt..." leslie said. the footsteps got louder until the person stopped. they were standing right in front of the door. you heard something scrape against the metallic door before it opened. the bright light that shone into the room blinded you and you heard a muffled scream. you didn't even know where the sound came from, until you realised that you were the one making it.

the light got normal again and your eyes raced through the room. you were back in the group therapy room. some patients looked at you while others just sat there, rocking back and forth. you tried to calm down, you were still breathing heavily and you could hear your heart pounding. a doctor entered the room and sat down. he looked at some papers until his gaze met yours. "you must be miss (l/n), right? welcome to our little group. you look a bit stressed, is everything okay?" he said while looking at you expectantly. you just nodded. "alright, let us begin then."

after one hour you were back in your room. "that was awful," you said while walking to the window to admire the beautiful sunset. oh how much you wanted to go outside. you decided to ask your doctor when you'll be allowed to go outside in your next session with him. after you ate your dinner and talked to your nurse, you made your way back to your room and sat on the bed. it was already pretty late but you were too afraid to go to sleep after what happened this afternoon. you grabbed one of your books and began to read. after a few hours your eyelids were getting heavy and you couldn't fight to stay awake. suddenly everything went dark...