chapter ten - amaze

you looked at him in shock. leslie's nurse turned around and took a few steps back. leslie stood there, with beautiful flowers in his hands. he trembled a bit and didn't know what to do.
"leslie, these flowers are beautiful! are they for miss (l/n) here?" his nurse said to help him. he nodded and took a few steps in your direction.
"f-for you... (y/n)," he said while looking up at you shyly.

you didn't know how to react. you were completely overwhelmed by this. no one had ever done something like this for you. you noticed that leslie became more and more nervous with every second so you pulled yourself together.
"they're for... me?" you asked, still looking at him with wide eyes. he nodded slightly. you could see the sadness in his eyes. he must've thought you didn't like them.
suddenly, your emotions kicked in and you began to smile.
"leslie... you picked them for me? thank you so much! i love them!" you said as your smile grew wider.
he quickly looked up. you could've sworn that you saw his eyes sparkle. then he started to smile slightly.
it was the first time that you saw him smiling and you loved it. in this moment you promised yourself something.
i will always try to make him smile.

"he really seems to like you, miss (l/n). that's wonderful. leslie really needs someone to help him in here," his nurse said. you turned around and looked at her, your cheeks were flushed. she chuckled and turned her attention to leslie. "would you like to eat something now, leslie?" he nodded and sat down. you did the same thing and placed the flowers on the table. you couldn't stop staring at them, they had a beautiful (f/c) colour. you and leslie finished your meals silently. it wasn't an awkward silence, you both were enjoying this moment. leslie's nurse looked noticeably relieved and you were also glad that he finished his meal.

after you were done leslie and his nurse began walking to the door. but before they reached it, leslie stopped and looked back at you for a brief moment. you smiled and waved at him. you took your plate and placed it on the serving trolley. after that you walked back to your room and placed your flowers on the table.
"i hope i won't forget to water you... i need to keep you alive for as long as possible," you mumbled. it was already late so you decided to get ready for bed. you took your book and started reading. hours passed by, but you couldn't get any sleep.
you got up and walked over to the window. you couldn't see much, the only light source were a few street lights. their light had a beautiful orange colour which illuminated some parts of the clinic park. you saw the wind blowing through the trees as they swayed in gale. it was a pretty heavy storm. just when you decided to go back to bed, you heard footsteps outside your room. people were running, again. you rushed to the door and pressed your head against it.
"leslie again? what is wrong with this boy?" one of the people said while breathing heavily. you weren't able to hear more, they passed your room too quickly.
leslie... what happened?
you walked up and down. this whole situation made you nervous. you just wanted to go to leslie and tell him that everything is going to be okay. you wanted him to feel better. the thought of him being hurt... you couldn't stand it. you walked over to your nightstand and looked at the clock. 5:23am. still 2 and a half hours until you could get out of your room. there was nothing you could do to. you felt incredibly helpless and the hours passed by awfully slow.