chapter three - inkling

you gave the white haired boy a smile and walked back to your room. leslie stood there and watched how you left. "leslie?" dr marcelo jimenez noticed leslie's unusual behaviour. "leslie? are you okay?" but leslie just continued to stare at the now empty hallway. "do you know the girl leslie?"
he slowly started to turn around and looked down. "leslie...know the girl..." he mumbled. dr marcelo jimenez slightly smiled when he noticed that leslie started to blush lightly. "alright leslie. do you want to go to the playground now?" leslie nodded and the two continued walking to the playground.

you were relieved when you finally found your room. you were walking around for a while now and thought you were lost. you opened the door and sat on your bed. now you finally had some time to unpack your things and get a closer look at your room. there was only one bed in it. you got a single-bed room because of your insomnia and bad sleeping habits/nightmares. but it didn't bother you, you were glad because that meant no one would have to be terrified of sharing a room with you. you looked out of your window. it showed the tremendous clinic park with its massive trees and huge lake. "for this being in the centre of krimson city, beacon sure has a beautiful park..." you mumbled to yourself. you watched how other inmates took a walk around the lake or fed the ducks. the sun began to set and you could hear the frogs croaking. suddenly you realised that you had to be ready for dinner in about half an hour. you walked away from the window and started to unpack your suitcase. you weren't allowed to take much with you, only the most important things. after a while you heard a knock on your door and saw your nurse entering the room. "good evening miss (l/n), it's time for dinner." you nodded and followed her to the patient dining room. you quickly ate your meal as you didn't really enjoy it in there. some patients wouldn't stop screaming, others were just sitting there, almost numb. you quickly went out of there and took a deep breath. you saw a few nurses walking through the door that led to the park, locking it afterwards. there's no way out of here...

dr marcelo jimenez guided leslie back to his room. "here we are leslie. did you enjoy the time at the playground?" leslie nodded and waddled to the table. there were a few drawings and crayons on it. he sat down and started to draw something. "very well. good night leslie, i will see you tomorrow. we have to concentrate on a few new parts of your therapy." leslie stiffened at those words and started to mumble something. "a nurse will come in a few minutes to make sure that you take your medicine," dr marcelo jimenez said and left the room. leslie felt panic welling up inside of him. his heart was racing faster than usual. "hurt...hurt," he mumbled and tried to concentrate on his drawings. he flinched when he heard the nurse open the door. "good evening leslie. did you have a good day?" leslie didn't react and slightly rocked back and forth. the nurse slowly walked over to him. "you spent some time at the playground today, right? you always seem to enjoy that," the nurse said while approaching him slowly. leslie was drawing some lines on a paper with a purple crayon. the nurse looked at the drawing next to leslie. "that's the playground, right leslie? that's a really pretty drawing! and what are you drawing right now?" leslie stared at the paper in front of him. it showed a purple stick figure with (h/l) (h/c) hair and a sun. "that looks really good leslie. is that someone in particular?" the nurse asked. leslie continued to stare at the drawing. "girl..." he mumbled. the nurse smiled and went to the medicine cart to get leslie's medicine. "here leslie, please take your medicine." he did as he was told and continued to draw. "goodnight leslie, i will see you tomorrow."
he nodded. "g-goodnight."