chapter eleven - chary

you hurried to the dining room to see if leslie was there. but he was nowhere to be seen. disappointed and sad, you took your plate and started to eat your breakfast. you took your time and hoped that leslie would still show up, but he didn't.
he isn't here, again... that's weird. i hope nothing happened to him...
you walked back to your room to get a few things. today you had an appointment with your doctor, he wanted to see you a day earlier, which concerned you. you still couldn't warm up to him. his office was at the end of the hallway and the door was a little bit demolished. you knocked and waited for him to ask you in.
"good morning (y/n). how was your night?" he asked and smiled slightly.
"better, thank you."
"good. i wanted to see you today so we can talk about something. has someone ordered you medication before?"
you were a bit perplexed and confused. why couldn't that wait until tomorrow?
"uh, yes... one of my therapists. but i didn't take them," you said.
"mhm, i see... well, i think it's best for you if you take them. i will inform the nurses and they're going to take care of it and remind you every day, so you won't forget to take them," he said and took some notes.
you weren't happy with that at all.
"but-"
"(y/n), we need to see some progress, otherwise you'll be stuck in here forever. do you want that?"
you shook your head.
if they want to see progress then maybe they should invest more time into the therapy sessions...
he wrote some things down on a paper and put it in his drawer.
then he looked up.
"good, that was everything (y/n). i want to see you in two days so we can discuss how they affect you. do you have any questions?"
"no," you said and were ready to go. you just wanted to find out what happened to leslie.
"good. i'll see you in two days then."
you nodded and exited the room.

after walking around for an hour, you were about to give up. you couldn't find leslie anywhere, so you assumed that he'd stay in his room the whole day. you started to walk back to your room when you saw a familiar face. it was dr marcelo jimenez, leslie's doctor. you were about to greet him, when you spotted someone behind him. it was leslie. you started to smile and were so relieved to finally see him. but your joy quickly turned into worry when you looked at him closer. his eyes looked dull and lifeless, he had dark circles and bloody spots under them and could barely walk.
"leslie!" you walked over to him but his doctor got in your way. "good day miss (l/n), please be-"
"what happened to leslie?" you asked, interrupting him. leslie looked at you in relief. like he was glad to see you. this broke your heart, you couldn't stand seeing him suffer.
"leslie had a rough night and needs some rest now. please respect that. come on leslie, i will bring you back to your room," his doctor said. leslie hesitated and started to slightly shake his head. "hurt, hurt, hurt..." he mumbled.
"i know leslie, but we need to go back now."
leslie was clearly afraid and didn't want to go back. you snapped at his doctor.
"don't you see that he's afraid? he doesn't want to go back!" you turned around to look at leslie. "leslie... it's okay. i'm here for you if you need anything," you tried to comfort him.
his eyes sparkled.
suddenly he waddled towards you and stopped right in front of you. he hesitated, but then all of a sudden he wrapped his arms around your waist. you didn't know how much you needed that until now. you carefully stroked his hair to calm him down. "it's okay leslie, i'm here..."

"unbelievable..."
you turned your head to look at his doctor who stood there in disbelief.
"leslie has never searched for physical contact before. he must really like you, miss (l/n)," he said. you smiled slightly.
"would you mind helping me to bring him back to his room? he really needs to rest."
at first you hesitated, but then nodded. leslie really needs to rest.
"come on leslie, we're going back." you tried to move but leslie didn't let you. "it's okay, i will be with you the whole way, i promise," you said.
the two of you started to walk, but leslie still clung tightly to you, which made it hard for you to move.
on the way to his room you tried to remember every single turn you took. once you reached it, dr marcelo jimenez opened the door and you stepped in.
"we're here leslie, you can let go of me now," you said and smiled at him. hesitantly, he let go and walked over to the table and started drawing.
"thank you for your help miss (l/n), we should let him alone now," his doctor said and motioned for you to follow him. you nodded and left the room. he closed the door. suddenly you felt cold. you could still feel leslie's arms around you. he seemed really disturbed.
dr marcelo jimenez snatched you away from your thoughts.
"thank you again, miss (l/n). you should also go back to your room. i'll see you soon." and with that he left. you looked over to leslie's door. you wished he would tell you what happened so you could help him. but first you needed to show him that he could trust you, which could be hard. you knew these trust issues too well.