Chapter Six

*Justin's POV*

I sat next to Trace outside in the backyard. It's already eleven o'clock and everyone else is inside. We sat next to each other and in front of us was the bonfire.

"So what's been going on?" Trace asked me.

"Nothing really." I took a sip of my Coke.

"Really? Nothing?" He chuckled.

"Nothing important." I shrugged.

"Now are you going to tell me what's really been going on?" I looked at him and saw his serious face.

"Like I said nothing." I said.

"I find that hard to believe. You don't just randomly come back home. Breaking up with Britney and NSYNC ending doesn't help your case." He told me. I can't lie to my best friend, can I?

"Britney cheated on me." I blurted out. He looked at me in shock. "She cheated on me with Wade. Ever since I found them in bed together it feels like my life has gone downhill. I started drinking every single night. I wouldn't even leave the house. My parents made me come here or they would cut me off. When I turned eighteen I had my mom sign a agreement saying that if I didn't spend my money right, she could cut me off. That's what they used to get me to come here." I explained to him.

"Wow." He said.

"That's it? I tell you all that and you just say 'wow'?" I chuckled.

"Well what am I supposed to say?" He laughed.

I laughed and shrugged. "I don't know! Something better than that!"

"Fine!" He cleared his throat. "Dude, you should've talked to me. I would've been there to kill Wade with you. Plus I would've kept you in line." This is the serious side of Trace.

"Dude I'm fine now." I told him.

"If you're fine, then why are you here? Why would your parents bring you home?" He asked me. I sighed and didn't answer him. "Justin, how much did you drink every night?" He asked me.

"I don't know." I sighed. "I probably got drunk about three or four times every week." He looked at me in shock.

"Dude that's a lot." He said. "Why did you choose alcohol?" He asked me.

"I honestly don't know." I shrugged. "It was just something I could use to make the pain go away." I looked at him and saw the look of horror on his face.

"Justin, you're an alcoholic." He bluntly said.

"No I'm not!" I disagreed.

"Tell me right now you aren't wanting a drink." He said. I sat there silently, refusing to answer his question for one reason.

I do want a drink right now and I can't admit that.

"Justin you're-'" He sighed.

"Don't say it!" I snapped at him.

"You're just like your Dad." He finished.

"No, no, no." I stood up and paced.

"Justin." He sighed.

"Don't Trace. I am not like him! I'm not him, I'm me." I shook my head.

My Dad used to be an alcoholic. It started after he and my Mom got divorced. Then when her and Paul got married three years later it got worse. Him being a alcoholic was also one of the reasons we aren't so close, but at the end of the day he will always be my Dad. We don't talk about it. That's one of the biggest rules in our family.