Chapter Seven

*Justin's POV*

Everyone piled into the SUV that waited for us. I sat in the very back, Dad, Lisa and Paul sat in front of me while Mom sat in the passenger seat next to the driver.

"Justin are you ready for this?" Mom asked me.

"Yes Mom." I sighed.

The rest of the car ride was silent until we pulled up to the Mayor's mansion.

"Everyone behave." Mom told everyone.

"We know." We all nodded. Everyone got out of the SUV and I was the last one out. They all walked in front of me to the front door of the mayor's mansion. The door opened right when we got to it.

"Hello everyone. The Mayor and his family are waiting for you in the dining room." The man that opened the door said. What is he? Their butler? "Come inside." We all shuffled inside and he led us to the dining room. I scanned the house as we walked. I've met the mayor before, but I've never met his family or have I been to his mansion.

"Ah! The Timberlake and Harless family." The Mayor stood up from the table and smiled at us. "Now where is Justin?" He asked. Everyone cleared the way so he could see me.

"Hello Mayor Bryant." I smiled. He walked over to me and we hugged.

"How have you been, Justin?" He asked me.

"I've been good." I nodded. "How about you?" I asked him.

"Wonderful." He smiled. "Now let me introduce you all to my family." A woman and a young boy stood up from the table and walked over to my family and I. "This is my wife, Carol and our son, James." He said. I was the last one to introduce myself.

"Hi I'm Justin." I smiled as I shook Carol's hand.

"It's so nice to meet you." She smiled. I then looked at James and bent down to his level. He looks like he's eight. Nobody else really talked to him, so I will.

"Hi I'm Justin." I held out my hand to him, but he hid behind Carol and looked at me with saddened eyes.

"I'm sorry Justin. James doesn't talk much." The Mayor sighed. I smiled and stood back up.

"That's alright." I smiled James. "I understand." I told him.

"Carol, where is Janice?" Mayor Bryant asked his wife.

"She couldn't come to breakfast, she has riding practice." She answered.

"Does she ride horses?" I asked them.

"Yes." Carol nodded. "She is a very competitive rider." She added.

"That sounds fun." I smiled.

"Shall we eat?" Carol smiled. Everyone nodded and we walked to the table and sat down. Right when we all sat down waiters brought in trays of food and sat them down.

"Dig in everyone." Mayor Bryant smiled at everyone. Everyone filled their plates and began eating. "So Justin, what do you plan to do now that Nsync is over?" He asked me. I swallowed the food I was chewing and answered.

"Well for right now I'm just going to relax here in Memphis for awhile."I answered him.

"Will you be making a solo album?" Of course this question came up.

"Maybe. I don't know yet." I shrugged.

"Maybe you could be a actor." Carol suggested.

"I've always wanted to act, but I also do love to sing. I can't do both at the same time because I like to focus on one thing so I can give it my all." I explained to them. (A/N: Justin actually said something like this in an interview. That's why he took his long break to act.)