Chapter Thirteen

*Justin's POV*

"You're still awesome at basketball." Trace tried to catch his breath.

"Always will be." I smirked at him.

"Wow, cocky much?" Trace chuckled. I laughed and grabbed a bottle of water off of the ground.

"Here." I tossed it to him. He chugged most of it down.

"Thanks." He wiped his mouth off. I grabbed a water and took a drink of it.

"No problem." I smiled. "I better get going." I said.

"Alright man. Let's do this again." He nodded.

"Just give me a time and I'll be here." I laughed.

"I got you." He grinned. I walked to my car and left his house. As I drove out of the neighborhood, Janice called me.

"Hey girl." I answered in a high pitched voice.

"Justin." She cried.

"What's wrong?" I asked her in my normal voice.

"Can you come pick me up?" She sniffled.

"Yeah. Are you at home?" I pushed on the break and turned around.

"Yeah. Please hurry." She said.

"I'm on my way right now." I told her. We said our goodbyes, hung up and I hurried to her house.

As soon as I pulled up to the house, she walked out of the house. I got out of my car and embraced her. She cried in my arms as I held onto her tightly.

"C'mon let's go." I whispered to her. I walked her to my car and opened the door for her. I then shut it once she was inside and got into the car on my side. I quickly drove away from the house. Both of us didn't talk until I pulled over on the side of the road, fifteen minutes away from her house. "What happened?" I asked her.

"My Dad, he cheated on my Mom again." She cried. I hugged her again and when we stopped hugging I cupped her face in my hands. I then noticed her left cheek is red while the other one isn't. Oh he better not have done, what I think he did.

"Janice, did he hit you?" I quietly asked her. She looked at me with fear in her eyes, but she stayed silent. "Janice, what the hell happened?" My voice deepened for some reason.

"My Mom and him were arguing, that's when he told her. Then when I heard him tell her, I ran to their room and I started yelling at him and he slapped me a couple times." She cried.

"I'm going to kill him." I gripped onto the steering wheel. I then turned the car around and began speeding back to her house.

"Justin." Janice said, but I ignored her. "Justin don't do this." I ignored her again. "Justin I swear to God if you won't say anything I will kill you!" She yelled at me.

"What do you want me to say, Janice?" I yelled back at her. "He hit you! He needs to be punished and I'm going to do it!" I told her.

"Can you just not do it tonight?" She asked me.

"But. He. Hit. You." I looked at her with tears in my eyes.

"Let things cool down, please. There's enough drama going on already." She begged me.

"Fine, but I'm not taking you home." I sighed.

"Where will I go then?" She asked me.

"My house, of course." I said.

"Okay." She softly said and nodded her head.

"I'm sorry he did this to you." I quickly looked at her. She didn't say anything. She just slowly nodded and leaned her head back as tears still streamed down her face.