12. Metamorphose

"Ji Yeon?"

Ji Yeon cleanched her apron. Cold sweat broke on her forehead.

Why does she look so scared? It's not like she don't know. Or does she?

"Tell me when you finish eating. I'll come and get the dishes," she said turning to the door.

"Why? You haven't answered my question yet. Moreover I don't want to eat my breakfast alone. It's not like I would confront him about it. I'm just curious," you said finishing the last piece of your omelette.

"Are you really going to marry him?" she asked instead without answeri
You took a deep breathe and looked at her.

"Why don't you answer my question first. So that I'll answer yours later?" you said pushing the food plate away.

"Try your best to delay the wedding. Don't marry him. Don't let him ruin you," she said taking the tray away.

What the hell...

"Do I have a choice Ji Yeon?" you chuckled.

"What if you have?" she asked looking straight into your eyes. Will you take a chance? Will you risk to escape this hell?

"What-t?" your heart was about to jump out of your chest.

****

"Joon, are you going to rely on something a five years old kid told you?" Vic asked Joon who has already got the details about Jimin.

"Vic it's not about the age. Do you know how confidently he talked about the hidden staircase? No one knew about it. Do you think he would have made up something like that? Plus he talked about the dress she wore that day-" Joon was cut off mid way by Vic.

"Dude, I'm not doubting the things he said. I'm only telling that he is still a kid and could have mistaken the person. It's kind of dark in the parking area," Vic tried to explain.

"Got it!" Joon was rather concentrating on the data he was sent about Jimin.

"What? Are you even listening to me?" Vic furrowed his eyebrows.

"This," he said pointing to one slide. Vic looked at it.

"What does it have to do with the case? What does it have to with him being the cleaner boy-," Vic paused looking at the one thing on the slide. He looked at Joon and back at it again.

"It's the same building. He worked as a cleaner in the same building before he was an idol...," Vic whistled.

"That's why he might have known about the hidden staircase. He naturally knew much about the building," Joon said pushing his hair back.

"But still Joon, we can't jump to conclusions just like that," Joon didn't answer.

"Let's do some talking with him. I want to see him in person," Joon said.

"I'll call the company and ask them to arrange a meeting with him," Vic said.

Don't worry we will find you soon...

****

"You are getting better everyday. Let's work on more complicated techniques for next song. Let's work more hard," Jimin's producer said. Jimin smiled and nodded.

"I want to work hard and show many good things to my fans. After all they helped me become what I am today," Jimin said taking a sip from water bottle.

"You are so kind Jimin. You deserve every single thing you are getting"

"Ah, you are too kind hyung," Jimin let out a little laugh.

"Let's do it one more time. I'll play the chorus this time," the producer said and Jimin nodded.

I'm a really good person. Everyone thinks I'm a good person...

****

"Are you sure Joon?" the head of the department was asked Joon. He threw the cigarette in the ash tray.

"Yes sir," was all he said. He got up and walked to the Joon. He patted on his shoulder and walked out of the room.

"Let's go," Joon said and Vic followed him.

It took them about forty minutes to get to the place with a added bonus of traffic. Victor stretched his back as they got out.

"The traffic was a demon today huh," he added. They have walked inside the company building. They didn't have to wait for the security to confirm this time. They walked in and had to wait for about five minutes before the manger met them.

"Mr.Namjoon and Victor?" he asked sitting opposite to them.

"We don't want to spend more time. Please call Me.Jimin," Joon said

"You should understand the kind if risk here. You can't just walk in without any solid proof. It could damage the reputation of the idol," he explained in a calm voice.

"I think it is wise to leave the stuff like proof or legal proceedings. Believe me Mr.Kim we are extremely good at them. Now if you could take us to Park Jimin, we would like to finish our business real quick," Vic said cracking his knuckles.

"You have to atleast tell me what it is about," he pursed his lips.

"It's okay Manager Kim it's not like they are going to eat me alive," a voice said from behind. Joon and Victor looked in the direction. Jimin was walking to them. He came and stood there.

"How about we take this into my office?" Jimin suggested.

"Well then," Joon and Victor stood up.

****

"What do you mean? Tell me clearly," you walked to her. You held her hand.

"All this time here, I've seen many women come here. But after sometime I never see them again. Only god knows what happened to them. I'm scared to help you because if anything goes wrong. He won't let you live. That I'm sure of," she was shaking wildly.

"Help me?" you asked. Your brain was working slow. Help from her was the least thing you expected. You were not sure if this is for real or one of the tricks he was playing to test you. You couldn't decide what to do.

"Ji Yeon, I -I can't do this," you shook your head.

"Is it because you can't trust me?" she asked as if she read your mind.

"Get out, get out Ji Yeon," you turned away.

Don't tempt with false hopes. I can't live here waiting for someone to rescue me. Please Ji Yeon get out...

Well updates are kinda of slow but hang in there I guess....