15. Withering

Jin locked the door as he still spoke to Jimin over phone.

"What's her blood group?" Jin asked running down the steps. Silence on the other side.

"You don't know?" Jin asked now getting into the car. Jin understood.

"Alright don't worry I'm coming." With that he started the engine and sped on the road.

****

"Her temperature is dropping," Jimin put his hand on your forehead. Ji yeon rubbed your feet to keep your temperature up and stable.

Jimin didn't bother to wipe the tears on his face. When did he grow so fond of you? He touched his forehead to yours. He closed his eyes and landed a peck on your check.

"I know you won't give up on me. I know you will make it."

****

It took Joon a good amount of time to decide whether he should stake outside Jimin's home. It's been almost an hour and Joon was waiting patiently for his chance. Stake out is one of the hardest things for Joon but he is determined. He takes a huge sip from his water bottle when a car pulls outside Jimin's home. Joon sat upright and watched a tall man get out and talk to the security. Joon concluded that he probably checked the visitor list and then allowed him as the gates now opened.

He took another sip from the bottle and waited.

****

All the way to Jimin's home Jin was wondering who the women Jimin mentioned was. Last time he remembered Jimin didn't have a girlfriend and Jimin is not the kind of person that would make quick relationships. He knew something was up.

Jin really didn't have to worry about pressing the door bell because Jimin was already waiting for him at the door. Jin greeted a smile but Jimin didn't smile back.

"She is upstairs"

Jin increased the pace of his walk and almost ran upstairs. Jin looked back at Jimin after climbing the steps as if asking which room to enter. Jimin pointed at one and Jin entered.

Jin gasped at the sight. The sheets under you were covered in blood. Not that it was an uncommon thing for him as a doctor to look at blood. But something on his stomach turned looking at the horrible sight of blood covered sheets. He couldn't help but think of that particular memory. He shook off the thought but barely. He walked to the bed and pulled a chair by your bed.

He opened his bag and took out all the equipment he brought. He managed to get a o+ve blood bag on his way. He needed to make sure that the blood loss doesn't make things worse in the time he found the right blood group. He cleaned the wounds and dressed them. He then started the blood transfusion.

"Make sure you stay by her side. I need to bring some blood bags. She lost so much blood."

Jimin just nodded.

"She is out of danger yeah?" Jimin asked with expecting eyes.

"Yes"

Seokjin wanted to ask who she was but didn't choose to because he knew it was not the right time.

May be later... When the time is right

He walked out with the blood sample he took from you. He silently prayed to God that he won't be in trouble for this. Something about the situation seemed seriously off.

Why didn't he call the ambulance first?

****

"I wanted to make sure that my hunch is right."

"No, what do you mean? We are partners. I'm not casting you out!"

"Alright, I didn't find anything out of place. Just a tall handsome dude went in an hour ago"

After struggling to calm down victor, Joon sighed a breathe of relief.

As he leaned back on to the seat, Victor's words played in his mind.

"Joon, we should never take any case to heart. We should move by facts not hunches. It will put both you and the victim in danger."

He took his phone and looked at the the time. He straightened immediately when he saw Jin coming out. Joon frowned when he noticed something that wasn't there before.

Why on Earth is a doctor visiting his home?

He took his phone and clicked a picture of him. He sent it to Victor and asked him to find out which hospital he works for.

Jin took off the stethoscope off his neck and put it in the passenger seat beside him. He calculated the time it would take before he could take the blood bags and come back.

It should be enough... But I'll make sure to ask who she is later.

Joon has considered following him but didn't as he need to keep an eye for now. After all he has sent a photo of the doctor to Victor.

Come on Jimin. What are you hiding in that pretty home of yours?

****

Jimin stared into emptyness around him. He realized how much he missed your pretty presence around him. Now that you are laying on the sheets covered with blood, he didn't really feel alive. He ran his fingers on your cheek.

"You look so fragile. Like I want to throw everything away and protect you"

He finally realized that his cheeks have been wet all the time. He gently wiped the tears off his face.

Then it occurred to him. All this time he was too occupied with the thought of losing you. He turned to Ji Yeon who was standing by the door with a panic struck face. She gulped as Jimin turned to her. He picked up the knife beside the bed. He rubbed the blade against his shirt to wipe off the blood.

"How come this is here?" he asked looking into her eyes. Ji Yeon shuddered.

"I might have forgot it here when I cut her an apple a while ago" she lied.

Jimin nodded.

"But unfortunately we don't have apples in home Ji Yeon"

Her heart skipped a beat.

"Ji Yeon" he pushed his hair back as he advanced on her.

"Why is this here?" he asked her raising the knife

Yup writing a new chapter after fifty million years. Thanks for whoever are still reading.

Here is a cute photo of Jimin being cute!!