Three

The school bus hummed along at a steady pace, New York passing through it's windows

The school bus hummed along at a steady pace, New York passing through it's windows. Emil was dozing with his head on Peter's shoulder as the other boy watched the world outside. Both were sharing earphones. It was Emil's turn to choose the music and he had chosen Florence + the machine, the beat of 'Swimming' was playing in both of their ears. Peter generally liked pop, or classic rock and indie whilst Emil liked anything with an interesting beat. Luckily, this meant that they did not argue about song choices too much.

Peter was tapping his fingers on his thigh in tune with the song. Emil watched under lowered lashes, taking the chance to admire his boyfriend's hands and the delicate superhuman strength held in them. The tapping paused and Emil felt Peter freeze. "Emil, Emil look", he shook his shoulder and Emil dazedly rose, turning to face out the window where Peter was staring in shock.

The bus was crossing a bridge and across the river, over the city was a huge circular spaceship hovering over the city. Pulling the earbud out of his ear, Emil shifted for a better look. "That doesn't look good", he muttered. Peter turned to Ned, who was sitting in the row in front of them.

"Hey Ned, could you create a distraction for us?"

Ned turned to where they were looking and his face lit up in an excited grin. "Oh we're all gonna die", he exclaimed. The shout drew the attention of all the other students and before long the whole bus was crowded around the right side windows fighting to get a look at the weird spaceship above Manhattan. Peter and Emil took the opportunity to quickly cross the bus and slip open a window on the opposite side to the students.

"Honestly", Emil heard the bus driver complain as Peter slipped unseen out of the window to cling on to the outside of the bus. "Haven't you kids ever seen a space ship before?"

Taking the chance, Emil teleported onto the roof of the bus. He crouched for a minute on the roof before teleporting after Peter as he swung back into the city. Both of them were still holding their backpacks which they dumped on top of a nearby building. Emil waited for Peter to change into his Spider-Man suit. He only had to tap at the chocker that Shuri had given him and his suit expanded over his clothes, the material being absorbed and changed into the structure, hugging his body smoothly. Peter shoot him a look of envy as he tapped the spider, his suit shrinking to fit his skin. Emil just smirked at him from under his mask as he packed Peter's clothes into his school bag which Peter then webbed to the side of a building along with Emil's backpack. It wasn't very safe from thieves, but it would have to do.

Now suited up, they both began swinging their way through the city towards the circular ship. As they were crossing the park Emil spotted the red shine of the iron man suit and pointed it out to Peter who changed direction. Stark seemed to be fighting some monstrous huge grey creature with a metal claw like weapon. Just as the metal claw fell to crush Stark, Peter caught it.

"Hey Mr Stark", he greeted cheerfully despite the strength of the creature's arm pushing against him.

"Kids? What are you doing here?" Tonk replied in surprise as Emil landed on the creature's shoulders and elbowed him in the eye. The creature gave a howl of pain and recoiled backwards, giving Peter the chance to shove his arm away.

"Field trip. What's this guy's problem Mr Stark?" Peter asked as the monster caught him and flung him towards the fountain. He bounced across the grass like a skipping stone before rolling to a stop. It then turned it's attention to Emil, catching him with his claw by his shoulders and tossing him into a tree. He landed halfway up said tree, tangled amid the branches and leaves before teleporting to the ground and shaking the leaves from his hair.

"Um, he's from space. He came here to steal a necklace from a wizard", Tony replied as he flew around the hulk sized monster, shooting it with blasts. Peter took a more direct approach; choosing to web and swing from the creature in an attempt to tie him up, the monster batting and flinging him away like an annoying pest. Emil teleported from all sides, landing punches and kicks to weaker looking parts of the body amid Peter's attacks.

"Oh yeah", Peter replied as the monster flung him away for a second time. Emil landed a jumping kick to the jaw before being kicked away across the grass like a rag doll. Something red shot through the sky above them as a nearby taxi thrown by Stark crashed into the Monster's back.

"Boys, that's the wizard. Get on it", Tony instructed as he pushed back against the Monster's fist.

"On it", Peter replied before swinging after the flying red shape. Emil saluted before disappearing after him with a flash of blue.

A tall lizard looking grey skinned man was flying after a unconscious guy in blue robes and a red cape through the air. The lizard guy (who looked like squidward) seemed to be using some sort of telekinesis to try and catch the guy, curling street lamps and throwing rubble at him to knock him out of the air. Emil, who was running along the roofs of the buildings and teleporting enough to keep him level with the unconscious wizard, had to duck as a cable came swinging at his neck. Below, as Peter got closer to them a billboard came hurtling towards him, knocking him out of the air. It only slowed him down slightly as he was up and swinging after the grey alien again.

Just as the flying men turned a corner, Emil teleported above the unconscious wizard. He caught him by the red cloak which came off in his hands. Unfortunately, the cloak seemed to be keeping the men afloat and he and Emil both fell. Letting go of the red cloak, Emil teleported safely to the ground as Peter hastily caught the man with a web.

Watching as Peter turned to swing away with the wizard, Emil pointed his finger at the grey man and focused. A blue beam shot towards the intended target. However, his aim was a little off, the alien moving slightly so that the laser burned into a building behind him. Interests poked, the alien lifted an hand and Emil was suddenly floating towards him struggling. He was unable to move, trapped in whatever hold the alien had on him, unable to teleport away. "You have the scent of a stone about you", the Alien mused in a sickly arrogant voice. His eyes looked Emil up and down, evaluating him. Emil tried to punch him but he was suddenly pinned to the nearest building. "My lord thanos might be interested by you". Emil did not like the cruel, sadistic look in the alien's eyes. He snarled through his mask, baring his teeth at the arrogant creature.

"Fuck you Squidward", Emil spat before pushing off the stone and kicking him savagely in the chest. The hold on him dropped as the alien recoiled back and Emil landed on the ground with a thump and a painful groan. The impact knocked the breath out of him but he was quickly pushing himself up, running after Peter and the unconscious wizard. He had just reached the limp man when a blue beam caught both him and the wizard in it's glare. For the second time in minutes, Emil found himself being lifted off his feet, the beam pulling him up towards the awaiting spaceship. He struggled desperately, trying to teleport from the tractor beam's hold but something was stopping him.

"Um," he voiced over their coms. "A little help here?"

Below, he could see Peter clinging desperately onto a lamppost in an effort to stop the wizard from being absorbed up into the ship. With a wave of it's hand, the alien dislodged the lamppost from the ground and Peter was pulled after Emil and the wizard. 

"Mr stark, we're being beamed up", Peter yelped as he was pulled up into the tractor beam after Emil.

Unedited