Thirty

Emil had fallen before, many times. But he barely never landed. He was always able to teleport away midair to safety, or Peter would catch him. This time he had no such luck. The whole of structure caved out underneath him and he was plummeting down. His body too achy and painful from the snap that he didn't react in time. He collided hard.

Emil awoke to dusty air and cold water. The pipes had burst and one was pouring water over his chest. It dropped down his suit, making the material sticky and uncomfortable. Everything hurt. Bruises on top of bruises. Emil blinked, night vision kicking in in the darkness. He was in some sort of tunnel. Probably one of the remains of the basement levels. Half of the tunnel caved away down into a deeper pit below. One of his legs was dangling over the drop. As Emil watched, more stray rubble broke off from under his thigh and disappeared.

With a wheezing groan, Emil pushed himself up onto his elbows and rolled onto his front. He couldn't see anyone. Everyone else must have landed either below him, or on one of the upper levels. The glove with the infinity stones was no where to be seen either. Emil hoped that someone had landed near it.

Emil got to his feet, fighting the trembling in his legs. The massive shock of energy from the snap was still coursing through his system. It felt like both the high and the withdrawal all at once. His body shook with shivers and he almost tumbled over again.  But he also felt weirdly powerful. He could still feel everything.

Energy signatures seemed to shine in the corner of his brain. Now that he was upright and his pain tolerance had kicked in, Emil was able to concentrate more. He could sense life forms. Four were below him. Judging from the different throes of energy. There were two humans, and two others, Rocket and Bruce. The humans were harder to distinguish. Judging from the fluctuations of one of them, and the electricity around the other. They were Scott and Rhodes.

Another human was above Emil and to his left. As he became more familiar with this new ability, Emil could recognise more things. The infinity gauntlet was also above him. The human, Emil guessed from the kinetic and magnetic energy, was Clint. Several non earth creatures were rapidly approaching him, their energy signatures deformed and sick.

Emil barely had to blink before he was standing infront of Clint. The teleportation nothing more than a light blue flash. It was smoother and cleaner than ever before. He didn't have time to marvel at it though.

Clint jumped with a yelp, infinity gauntlet under his arm. "Something's coming", Emil hurried. "We need to move. Grab hold". He held out his hand to Clint but the man hesitated.

"Can you even teleport with these things?" He asked, breath short. Probably still winded from the fall. He gestured to the infinity stones and Emil grimaced.

"I could chance it", he offered. Clint didn't look too pleased. He opened his mouth to say more when a low growl rumbled down the corridor behind them. Emil cursed.

"Quick come on!" He grabbed Clint by the arm and dragged him into a run. This trembling legs and battered body gave protest but Emil pushed on. Clint clipped the gauntlet to his belt. Emil let go, both of them running now, and the man pulled and arrow out of his quiver. Behind them, several snarking creatures pounded after them.

The corridors were dimly lit by sunlight through holes in the ceiling and faded red lights. (How those lights had electricity still, he had no idea). It was just enough that Emil and Clint could keep moving, but also enough that it messed with his night vision. Emil was glad that he couldn't fully see the nightmarish creatures pursuing him. But in some ways, the red glow only made them worse. He drew his blade. The majority of his weapons had been knocked off his belt during the explosion. But the gifted blue hunting dagger had remained.