Twenty two

Emil was sat cross legged on the concrete floor of the first floor garage of the avenger facility

Emil was sat cross legged on the concrete floor of the first floor garage of the avenger facility. He crunched loudly as he chewed a handful of popcorn from the massive bowl in his lap. Behind him, was a mess of switches and wires forming some fort of control panel. And in front of him was a ugly brown van.

The vans back doors were open, showing some weird contraption thing that had apparently transported Scott to another dimension. Emil had no idea what it was or how it worked, but he guessed that it would be a good show, hence the popcorn. Also, he was craving ridiculously buttery microwave shit and decided to act on it.

Behind him, flicking switches on the control panel, stood Bruce banner. He was massive and green and not angry. Actually, Emil believed that his sense of humour had probably increased since managing to retain his consciousness within his hulk form. It was just a very weird thing to see.

Natasha and Steve walked over to join them. Steve standing at Emil's side, Natasha messing with her iPad. "I'm going to send tiny here to the 1950's", Bruce joked.

"What?" Scott asked, voice slightly panicky.

"He's kidding!" Natasha called. "You were kidding right?" Emil snorted as Bruce shrugged.

"I have no idea", he hissed back. "We're talking time travel bere. Either all of it's a joke or none of it is". Emil placed his head in his palms and burried deeper into the grey hoodie. (He has changed his clothes from last night. But he couldn't bare to take of the hoodie and put it back in that box. He just couldn't) This was going to be such a mess. This machine was a explosion waiting to happen.

"You ready Scott?" Bruce asked. Scott, who was in a white and red ant man uniform stood in front of the van and pulled on his helmet.

"Scott. I'm going to send you back a week. Let you walk around for an hour then bring you back in ten seconds. That okay?"

"Perfectly not confusing", Scott waved at Bruce confidently.

Emil tried to hide his laugh but Scott caught it. He pointed down at him angrily. "Blue boy, no throwing me off my game!" Emil held up his hands in a innocent gesture.

"Good luck Scott", Steve called. "You've got this".

"That I do Captain America". With the parting comment, Scott shrunk and disappeared through the portal. Emil ate another handful of popcorn.

"Bringing him back in three, two, one", Bruce counted as he pressed the switch.

A figure appeared. It was a kid, about twelve or thirteen in a oversized ant man uniform. "Um guys", the kid said. "This doesn't feel right".

"Is that Scott?" Natasha asked in surprise.

"Yes it's Scott", the kid, preteen Scott shot back.

"Hear that voice crack", Emil teased. Preteen Scott glared at him.

"Right, let me just", Bruce pressed another button and Scott disappeared.

Preteen Scott disappeared. He was replaced by a wrinkly old man who looked to be about ninety. "Oh my back", wrinkly Scott complained. Emil tried not the choke on his popcorn.

"Can you bring him back?" Steve asked worriedly. Bruce fumbled around with the controls. He shook a few things and old Scott got sucked back into the portal. Everyone looked up hopefully.

There was an infant, no older than two, sitting in the mess of ant man uniform. It gazed at them with big eyes. "Gah!" It said. Emil promptly lost it.

"You turned him into a freaking baby!" He gasped between fits of laughter. "He can't even speak! Oh my god!" Behind him, everyone was panicking.

"Its Scott", Bruce gestured towards the infant. Steve looked unamused.

"As a baby".

"He'll grow!"

"Bring him back". Steve was clearly taking no shit.

"Oh my god", Nat echoed Emil. The teen had stopped laughing and was happily watching the chaotic adults whilst munching popcorn. He threw a piece at baby Scott and the infant started crying.

"Now look at what you've done", Bruce yelled at Emil. "You've made him cry".

"Just being Scott back", Steve shouted.

Bruce rapidly hit more buttons. "Get ready to kill the power", he instructed. Nat swore in Russian under her breath and walked over to the plug.

"Now!" The electricity died with a whine and Scott reappeared. He was the correct age this time, which was a relief. He stared at them, looking shaken and unsteady.

"Someone peed my pants", he stared. "I don't know if it was old me or baby me", he paused for a moment. "Or just me, me".

"Time travel!" Bruce declared with a wave of his massive arms, looking way too please with himself. Emil crunched loudly on popcorn. Steve and Nat sighed and tried not to die. 

"I'm going for some air", Steve muttered as he left the room. Nat and Bruce has walked over to Scott and were trying to get him to sit down. The poor man seemed rather shaken up by the whole experience. Emil just watched whilst eating.

The bowl was almost empty by the time Steve returned to the room. He was not alone. Emil's face lit up as he saw Tony walk in behind him.

Placing his bowl to the side, he jumped to his feet. He collided with Tony with a omph, knocking the shorter man back a few steps. Tony's arms came to wrap around Emil in a hug. "You came to help", Emil cried. "Please help. Please say this is possible, that we actually have a chance".

"Emil, easy kid", Tony huffed. Emil released him hurriedly. Tony blinked and spotted the grey hoodie, Peter's hoodie, around Emil's shoulders. Emil tugged on it anxiously.

"I figured it out", Tony declared today the room. He held out a silver wrist watch thing. "Look, fully functional time gps. Should get us safely around. Now we just need to build a pad and gather people".

"How come you know it works?" Bruce asked curiously. He was slightly miffed at his own failed attempt at the travel, but definitely more curious at what Tony had to offer.

"You didn't consider the paradox", Tony explained. "You moves time through Scott, not Scott through time".

"Yeah, I definitely don't advise that", Scott commented with a shiver.

"So are we actually doing this?" Natasha asked as she crossed her arms. Tony looks at her honestly, dead in the eye.

"We're actually doing this".

"Heck yeah!" Emil shouted, fist pumping. "We have a chance! I have a chance!".

Unedited