Imaginary Friend | Father!Adrien Agreste x Mother!Dying!Reader

I couldn't. I just couldn't. The treatment wasn't working and it was tearing me apart emotionally.

"Oh, y/n.." Adrien said, running circles on my hand with tears streaming down his cheeks as well.

"What do we tell our kids?" I said quietly as we sat in the empty patient's room.

"I have no clue.. what do we tell them?" He replied quietly.

     I'm talking about our children, D/n and S/n (Daughter's Name and Son's Name) .

"Oh my gosh, I want to be there for them, I really do," I said, breaking down.

     I could feel Adrien hugging me as I sobbed. My daughter was only five and my son was three.

*Two Months Later*

     I laid in the bed, weak. My son and daughter watched curiously as their mother laid there, peaceful.

"Adrien.." my voice was barely a whisper.

     He held my hand as I pressed my miraculous into it. The Silver Serpent.

"Return it to Master Fu.. tell him thanks for the opportunity and maybe pass it on to D/n when she's older.."

      Adrien nodded as more tears slid down his cheeks. This was painful for him, I could tell.

     What was more painful was leaving him. I closed my eyes and opened them for the final time.

"D/n, S/n, you both are destined for great things. I'll always be there for you.." I said and breathed my last.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     I opened my eyes and looked down at myself. I was fifteen again. This was really weird. Am I in heaven? Hell?

"Hi, y/n! Wanna sit at my table for a tea party?" A little six year old asked.

     I turned around to look at her and realized it was my daughter.

"Sure," I replied politely.

     A few minutes later, S/n came into the room. Both of my kids were aged a year. Six and four.

"D/n, can I join?" He asked excitedly.

     He made his way to sit on me and I gasped.

"S/n! You're going to sit on y/n!" D/n exclaimed.

"Who's that?" He asked.

"My new friend!"

"No one is there..."

"Well you can't see her, she's invisible!"

     I looked around in realization. I was d/n's imaginary friend.

     Adrien came in with a smile. He looked well despite my death.

"What're you two arguing about this time?" He asked with a chuckle. I missed him so much..

"S/n was about to sit on Y/n!" D/n exclaimed.

     I could see Adrien flinch for a sec and stared at the empty seat I was sitting in.

"What does she look like?" He asked her.

"Can't you see her? She has h/l h/c hair and s/c skin. Y/n also has pretty e/c eyes and her hair is f/h/s," D/n explained.

     I could see that Adrien was continuously wiping his eyes.

"Adrien.. don't cry please.." I said.

"Daddy, she said for you to not cry." D/n said.

Adrien only started to cry more.

"Your mom's name was Y/n.." he said.

"It's a pretty name." D/n said.

"I like it." S/n said.

"Adrien. It's me. I miss you so much.. I want to hug you.." I said, getting up to wipe his tears.

"Y/n says it's her and she misses you and wants to hug you. She wants to wipe your tears." D/n said.

He nodded but wiped them himself.

"Y/n. You're here for them. Help D/n and S/n and me. I wish you were here. I miss when you cook f/f.." he said.

*Ten Years Later*

     I was really glad that D/n listened to my advice. She was living life to the fullest. Adrien was doing well and I taught D/n to make my f/f and she did so to give some to Adrien.

"Mom, what's the afterlife like?" She asked me.

"Well.. I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone. I became your imaginary friend, but I'm real. I gave birth—"

"No. No more. Thank you, though." She said and awkwardly hugged the air.

"I can't find my shoes!" S/n exclaimed.

"Tell him to check the cupboard under the stairs." (For the HP fans out there 😉)

"Mom says check the cupboard under the stairs."

"Got it!"

"Where is my tie?"

I giggled, "Tell him to check in the drawer."

"Drawer, dad!"

"Got it, sweetie!"

"Feeling responsible?" I asked her.

"Very. I'm, like, the Queen."

*RING RING*

"Hey, Amber!"

"Hurry up and get your ass to the mall!"

"Chloe Bourgeois's daughter? I was friends with her mother." I said, smiling a little.

D/n nodded. "Lets go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short, shitty, Ikik.

And snowiethebunny I'm working on your request/suggestion.

If you have any requests/suggestions, I'm free to listen to your ideas! And, uh, PEACE!

LEMON OUTZ!!!!