Selfish | Adrien Agreste x Reader

A/N - I didn't look over this at all before publishing so if there are any mistakes, I'm sorry. Also kinda lowkey proud of the ending or whatever..

update 3/3/21: minor edits, such as spelling or something I thought needed a fix

   Y/n and Alya watched from behind the tree as Marinette confessed to her crush, Y/n's best friend. Marinette Dupain-Cheng was confessing her love to Adrien Agreste. Finally, am I right?

   The two quietly high-fived, ready to congratulate the midnight blue haired female later. Little did Alya and Marinette know, Y/n was watching sadly. The h/c haired girl was jealous, for sure, but she chose to let Marinette have Adrien.

   Sure, Y/n had known Adrien for years, but she knew that the bluenette was a far better choice. Marinette was talented, caring, selfless, and so much more. The e/c eyed female had burned water before and could hardly call herself talented, but she was content with life. Marinette had won a fashion contest and Y/n merely stood by the sidelines with her best friend.

   It was clearly obvious who would win if they competed for his heart. Besides, she was content with being his friend. She could learn to be happy with her choice.

   "I'd love to go out with you."

   "R-really? I-I mean, awesome!"

   Y/n would find someone too. Someone who would make her happy just like Adrien had. Someone who would make her feel more. Someone who would probably appreciate her more.

   The next day, Y/n approached her blond best friend.

   "Sooo.. Marinette huh?" She wiggled her eyebrows, joking with him.

   He blushed. "Shut up, n/n. It was time I realized my feelings for her."

   "Obviously."

   "Dude, Dudette! I heard the news from Alya!" Nino said as he approached them.

   "Isn't it so cute?" Y/n gushed. "Like they were meant to be!"

   "Totally!"

   "Can you both be quiet? It's not the big of a deal-!"

   "Hey, A-Adrien! Wanna hang out together?" Marinette asked, grinning nervously.

   "You don't have to ask." Adrien smiled.

   He used to smile at me like that, Y/n thought suddenly. She shook her head. She couldn't think of that right now. She was happy. Y/n was happy. Very happy.

   Alya squealed. "This means we can double date!"

   Y/n suddenly felt out of place. A double date? The four of them? Of course. They were all attractive together. They were the perfect group of best friends. She was merely a side character.

   The h/c-ette quietly excused herself. She could go home for now. Being a fifth wheel didn't sound too fun right now. She let out a quiet sigh. This was fine. She was happy. If he was happy, she was happy. She wasn't Marinette. She wasn't a problem solver. She wasn't her.

   Deep in her thoughts, she flinched as she bumped into a firm chest. "Ah- sorry.."

   The male looked down at her a gave her a friendly smile. "It's fine, it was my fault."

   He looked familiar. Dark hair with light blue tips. Black nails. Bright blue eyes.

   "Hey.. you're Luka, right? Juleka's brother?" She asked.

   "Oh, yeah. You must be Adrien's best friend, right? Besides the Nino guy. N/n, he called you.. but I assume that's a nickname." He replied.

   "Mhm. My name's Y/n. It's nice to get properly introduced."