11 - Eggs

Draco and Hermione had blown off the conversation about their honeymoon. That was getting way too real, way too soon and neither of them needed that.

Draco had begun wondering if he would have to propose to Hermione or if they would just...get married. He didn't dare bring it up last night while they were talking before bed...that conversation would take too long and Hermione had been falling asleep throughout their conversation anyway. He had no idea how she was possibly so tired at twenty minutes until eight o'clock. He stayed up reading for two hours after she went to sleep. He wasn't sure who read more...him or Granger. It was definitely a close contest though.

He smirked. Perhaps the sorting hat's brother really did know what it was doing. He hated admitting that he and Granger had a lot in common and that maybe...just maybe, in a few years, they could be a good couple.

Draco shook his head, trying to clear the thoughts out of his head. He still had his reservations about this law. He still hoped that it could be reversed. Draco hated the idea of being forced into something, that was his entire life.
For once he wanted to choose when he would get married, when he would have kids, but he was also starting to believe, that he would choose Hermione if he had the choice anyway.

Draco sighed and went over to Hermione to wake her up. They were going to be late if she didn't wake up soon.

"Granger. We're going to miss breakfast and then I'll be annoyed and I might not wake you up next time and you'll sleep through classes." Draco says annoyed and slowly but surely, Hermione sits up in the bed

"Alright, alright. I'm up. Don't get your knickers in a twist. What time is it?" Hermione asks, yawning and rubbing her eyes.

"It's seven thirty." He replies, waiting for her to freak out at the realization of the time.

"Crap! We can leave in a few minutes! Give me a sec!" Hermione all but yells as she runs to their shared loo

Draco laughs and grabs his wand off of the table and opens the door, ready to leave any second. He was starving for poached eggs and a warm cup of tea and perhaps a sausage or two.

"Hermione! Come on! I'm dying here!" Draco yelled out to Hermione.

If she didn't hurry up, he would leave without her.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Let's go!" Hermione says grabbing her wand from the drawer she had put it in before going to sleep last night.

"You clean up pretty quick, Jean." He smirks noticing how she looked quite nice.

"Thanks?" She laughs as they walk out of their common room and head towards the Great Hall

"So...why did you wake me up? Let alone wait for me?" Hermione asks him

He shrugged, "I don't really know to be honest. I guess I like to think that we're friends."

"Well, I kind of do appreciate it. I hate being late...and walking into the Great Hall alone. Everyone kind of stares at you." She tells him

"You're Hermione Granger...the greatest witch of our generation, and part of the Golden Trio...and you aren't used to being stared at?" He laughs

"Not really, I also just don't like it. I hate the attention."

"I can understand that. I get a lot of bad stares and attention. You know, being a former death-eater and all. Plus, I'm about to marry Hermione Granger. Everyone is still shocked and confused about it."

"Were you as surprised as I was? I've never asked you what you thought in that very moment?"

Draco thought for a moment...was he surprised? Of course, he figured he would probably end up with Pansy or some other Slytherin, but, was he actually surprised that it was actually Hermione?

"I assumed I would end up with Pansy, to be honest, but I'm thankful I didn't. She's a pain in anyone's arse. But as for being with you and being surprised...I don't really think I was. I mean, I was a bit shocked that I wasn't marrying Pansy, but the more I thought about it while we sat there...the more it made sense to me. I mean, Jean, we have a ton in common. Whether you want to believe that or not. It made sense. You might not like what I'm about to say...but, I'm glad it was you and not Pansy...and I think that we will really be able to fall in love. It's going to take some time...that's for sure. Have a nice breakfast." Draco smiles and then walks to the Slytherin table and takes a seat beside Blaze.

Hermione still stood there, mouth hanging open.

Had Draco just said that?

\\~//

Hermione had a quiet breakfast with her friends, of course, that had asked her why she was late and she replied that she had just slept in by accident...which she had.

Hermione was now silently heading to her first class of the day, which was, of course, couples counseling with Draco. She had no idea what they would be doing in there today and she wasn't in the mood for it. She was still confused about what Draco had said to her earlier.

Did it mean that he had feelings for her?

That he was starting to?

or was it just Draco Malfoy being Draco Malfoy?

She had no idea and it had been bothering her all day...perhaps she should just ask him...yeah, she was going to ask him what he meant.

She made her way to her desk and took a seat next to Draco.

"So...what did you mean this morning?" She asked him while thinking how awkward this actually was

"Hermione. When someone says "Have a nice breakfast", they are telling you that they hope you enjoy your breakfast." He smirks, knowing exactly what she meant but wanting to push her buttons anyway.

"Draco Malfoy. You know what I meant. I just want to know if you..."

She couldn't do it. She was too shy and awkward to ask and soon, a blush started rising up onto her cheeks.

"Jean. If you were going to ask if I had a good breakfast, the answer is yes. The eggs were especially tasty this morning." He laughs at her red face

"Draco Malfoy! Just tell me if you feel something for me or not!"

Hermione was mad now. He had joked too much and it had pissed her off. She just wanted a straight answer to her question. She had to know.

Draco's smile faltered and he sat up straighter, taking a second to think to himself about how to answer her question. He suddenly felt like everything they had built over the last few months was all riding on this moment. Draco decided to not be a Slytherin for a second but, to be a little Gryffindor.

"Yes, I do."

\\~//

AH!

AH!
I couldn't think of a name for this chapter sooooo...eggs.
This was adorable. Hehe.
Let me know if you all want longer chapters or chapters the same length.
Xx Shelby