The Scrapbook-2

Author's Pov~

The following day Marinette decided to take her son to the famous park of her childhood days. She remembered that Manon likes the park when she was younger until Marinette was too busy with university. Louis had his usual adorable cute smile as he brought his baseball mitt and ball. Marinette tried her best at baseball, but she couldn't catch a ball as much as she can catch a virtual one.

When they arrived at the park, Louis began admiring the merry go round, the balloons, and water fountains. Marinette settled down her son as they took a stroll to Marinette's favorite place to stalk a particular blonde crush. The same familiar cart beyond the distance came to her eyes and without thinking, just took her son and raced to the cart. Louis felt like he was more dragged than running as his shoes were scrapped by the cement of the path.

The cart was actually the famous Andre's ice cream cart which sold "magical" ice cream. A man in his twenties was with another man in his early seventies. They both were merrily giving out ice cream as couples, families, and some singles came and bought ice cream.

The two mother and son duo stood in line while they waited as finally, they were going to get their ice cream. The old man with grey hair had a bigger smile when he looked at Marinette and Louis. The younger man was surprised to see his old babysitter standing in front of him.

"Ah, Marinette! It has been-"

"It has been about ten years since I got an ice cream from you. And 12 years since I last babysat, Andy. And might I say, you grew up to be a handsome young man." Marinette smiled as Louis looked at the three in confusion.

"Life has been lucky for you perhaps. Already found out, your lover and had a child." Andre smiled as he looked at Louis.

"Unfortunately not, Louis is my...adopted child but he is like a son I gave birth to you know." Marinette tensed as she squeezed Louis's hand tightly.

Andre understood her uncomfortable stand and began scoping the ice cream for them.

"Peach pink like his lips, mint-like his eyes, and vanilla for his hair. When there's love burning in one's heart, André knows it from the start. Enjoy your ice-cream, Marinette. I know he'll be there." Andre said as he gave Marinette the ice cream.

"Here is your money, Andre." Marinette tried finding euros in her purse filled with American Dollars.

"It is for free, anything for Miss Marinette to return back to Paris. My parents did end up forgetting to pay you the last time you babysat me, so consider this your lucky day." Andre's grandson, Anderson or Andy told her as he beamed.

"I'll let you go this time since I forgot to exchange my money for euros," Marinette muttered as she took Louis by the hand to sit on a bench to eat their ice cream.

Most of the benches were taken except for one bench that had one person and they decided to sit there. They politely asked, and a fake raspy voice replied a yes. When they sat down, they ate their ice cream and Marinette let Louis eat the ice cream cone.

The man sitting next to them watched curiously at the two as they laughed and joked in English with some French. He knew the woman from somewhere and couldn't touch his finger on it.

"Maman, do you think we will be able to go to your old school or visit your old friends? I want to know everything about when you were little, mama." Louis said excitedly as Marinette ruffled his blue hair.

"We will do everything, mon chaton. But we only have some time to spend before we go to Japan for the Cherry Blossom Festival, and you and I always wanted to see the beautiful spring flowers. But we have about a couple months, so don't worry." Marinette reassured him as it was just only six months since they were going to live in Japan for another six months before moving on to a different country.

"Okay, but Marinette Dupain-Cheng will have to also have to go to the famous merry-go-round and get a ballon for me!" Louis exclaimed innocently as he jumped off the bench.

The strange mysterious man spoke just two words to make Marinette turn her back to the man.

"Wait!" A man cried. 

Finished January 30, 2019