The Amazing Director Fury

As usual, Tony was tinkering in the lab. Even though Pepper had a laundry list of things for him to do, meetings that he wouldn't attend, stuff he needed to read (okay, Jarvis read them to him, he ignored everything, and then Jarvis gave him bullet points) and then he had people he was supposed to contact. Currently, he was ignoring all that and messing with a suit upgrades for Rhodey. His own suit would get fixed up soon, but Rhodey's was more important. War Machine was on active duty, flying and taking down bad guys left and right. Tony was proud of his platypus, and they bonded over suit improvements and flying together. If only he could figure out the equation for the...

Suddenly his phone began to ring. Tony saw the caller ID and wanted to throw something. All he wanted was some peace and quiet, definitely not a call from Nick Fury. He sighed and picked the phone up anyway, after waiting a few moments to enjoy the ringtone. And to piss the man off. He enjoyed that way too much, but then again, Fury was basically family by this point, it was all fun and games.

"Genius billionaire-"

"Stark. If you don't get here in 20 minutes I will personally kill you."

"What got your feathers in a wad Fury? I though I was family!" But as he said this, Tony was calling his suit and ready to jet away.

"Just shut up and get here. My office. No talking or stalling." Last time Fury had called him in, Tony had made him wait thirty minutes as he chatted with every single person in the office and declared that Fury was giving them all a 5% raise. Then, Nick had to explain to everyone that no, he was not, and Tony was lying. But surprisingly, this time around, he was on schedule. He hadn't even stopped for coffee.

Exactly 20 minutes later Tony Stark strutted in, dramatically taking off his shades. Fury wasn't amused.

"Look, don't take it personal. I have backdoors to every government agency in existence. SHIELD is no different." Tony was ready to go on a full fledged rant about it, but then Fury shifted in his chair, signaling that he was going to talk. And even Tony knew to stop talking at some points, because yes Pepper, he did have some common sense. Just not a lot.

Fury folded his hands together and set them on he table. "That is not what I called you in to talk about. Yes, I will have to have a serious debriefing with you, but that is not important right now."

Tony was truly confused. Fury seemed almost...excited? About him hacking into SHIELD? Someone must have cloned him because Fury should be yelling at him and all that jazz that he never actually listened to.

"So what did you actually call me for?"

Fury held up a finger and called Natasha in.

"Romanoff. My office now." He voice was cold and bitter, but Tony sword he saw some amusement in the man's eye. Maybe he was getting rusty?

But Tony was worried more about Natasha. He didn't particularly feel like getting killed by her. She finally seemed like she was warming up to his advancings, but that of course could be because she was undercover. At least if he was going to die, it would be a really cool story. Tony could just imagine the headlines.

"The Man Himself, Tony Stark, Killed Viciously In His Living Room."

Maybe Natasha would even kill him Hunger Games style, bow and all, just as a little Easter egg into their relationship. Their relationship that wasn't really a relationship at all.

The moment Natasha saw him, she glared at Fury, who let her and proceeded to wave his hand to the chair. Natasha sat across from Stark in the office chair, and Fury was just watching them. It creeped Tony out, and if he didn't have proper control, he would've been running out the doors caking get that Fury was possessed. It actually wasn't the most far fetched thing he had ever thought about him.

"Would someone explain to me why I'm here and why you're just watching us like you are?" Tony exclaimed waving his hands for effect.

"You like Natasha and I'm pretty sure she likes you too, so you two, figure it out. You're not leaving until you do." He then stood up and let the two talk it out. He stayed in the room because this could either go very well or Natasha could end up killing Stark. She was called Black Widow for a reason.

"I honestly can't blame you for liking me." Tony leaned back in his seat and gave one of his half smirks which made Natasha melt, but she sure wasn't going to elude to that. Mission at hand: make him believe Fury was wrong and drop him like a sack of potatoes and don't ever look back. Pretty clear, but Tony had to go and scramble up her carefully laid out plan.

"What's that mean Stark?"

"Oh, we're back at Stark? Gee, I really thought you knew me better. I thought you were better at profiling." He leaned over and smiled at her, and his hand wandered a little too close to her own.

"How you flatter me Tony." Natasha deadpanned.

"So we both like each other? Great! I'll pick you up around 6 tomorrow and we'll do the whole routine, the flowers, flirting, and dinner. Agree?" Tony asked, and true to his reputation, causally leaned back and acted like nothing had happened. Granted, they had already shared a bed but how was he expecting her to react? She did have a reputation to uphold.

Natasha was not ready for this. She expected it, but She didn't at the same time. This was Tony Stark, who smooth talked his way through life, but he just did that for a date? And the worst part is that she couldn't say no. "I'm not going to wear a dress if that's what you're expecting." Was her rather vague answer. She just messed up her own self made mission big time and questioned if she was going to regret it later. This is why she didn't do things impulsively. It almost always led to trouble. Well, at least if that happened, she would have a legitimate reason to take down Stark.

At this point Fury stepped in. He stood behind Tony and leaned in to whisper into his ear. "If you hurt her, I will not hesitate to kill you, resurrect you, and do it again." Tony nodded but was grinning. Have to catch me first, he thought. Tony then stood up and dramatically walked out. Pausing at the door, he put both hands on the frame and turned around, winking at Natasha.

Fury shook his head but a small smile played on his lips. "Explain to me why you like him?"