Becoming Spider-Man - 14

AN: As a celebration of Spider-Man being back in the MCU, here's a chapter!

- -

Ever since he was a little kid, his dream job was always to be on the Avengers team, as an official member, fighting crime alongside his family.

He had superpowers, but every time he approached his dad or Uncle Steve, they were quick to shoot him down.

"There's way too many ways for you to become hurt. And if that happened, I'd never get over that." Tony had responded.

"Please no. I've already spent my time chasing after one reckless stubborn teenager." Bucky sighed, looking Steve's way.

"Peter, the battlefield is not a place for someone of your age." Steve had explained, then made him set the table.

Natasha has been strangely quiet when it came to him asking, and had even hinted that she would let him later. But of course, never with the two certified dads™️ in the room. They both would've gone into cardiac arrest and died. Natasha didn't think it would be too bad. Karen would be with Peter, just like Jarvis and Friday, and he was more enhanced than Tony and her. All he needed was a suit, which technically Tony would be best at making, but they had to cut some corners.

She could've gone to Bruce, but when she made the lightest of offhand comments, Hulk came out. So that wasn't going to happen. Instead, she took matters into her own hands. With Peter, they created the very first spidersuit, red and blue with webbing all around. It took them three weeks.
The testing phase, which they did at five in the morning when Momma Steeb was running, was a complete failure.

In short, Peter ended up zapping Natasha five times, losing control of his suit, and almost getting flung out of a window.

"So I think we need to do a little reconstruction." Natasha muttered after she got up from the third time of being tossed around like a salad.

"Just a little bit."

They went back down to the lab and began to do more fixing inventing, and Natasha asked Peter a very important question.
"What's your superhero name going to be?"

"Something spidery. Like yours." Peter answered as he stuck his hand in his hologram of his webshooters.

"Arachnid boy." Natasha teased, and Peter threw a wad of paper at her, but she expertly caught it before it could hit her head.

"What about Spider boy?" Karen suggested.

"I'm 14!" Peter fought, and Natasha laughed.

"What Spider-Man?"

"Yeah, that would work!" Peter said, furiously typing on his computer. "And the URL is available!"

"Peter, you're not even fifteen yet."

"But mom! If I keep doing this, and it's my job, I don't want to be Spider Boy the rest of my life! Dad's not Iron Baby!"

"No, but Fri? Please change Tony's contact to IronBaby."

"Gladly Natasha."

So after much debate, the opinion of two AI's, and a discord server, they finally agreed with Spider-Man. Then, Peter bought the URL and began designing his website. Hi, I'm your friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man! Was on the cover with the Spider-Man mask next to it.

"Dads going to kill us when he finds out." Peter realized, and he had stupidly bought the URL with Tony's bank numbers.

"Do not worry, I transferred the sale to Natasha's bank so Tony will not know unless he goes into her bank records, which he has not done since he needed to see what she got him for Christmas five years ago." Karen chirped happily.