Take Your Kid To Work - 6

Tony was excited. His son was going to work with him. He had planned this day especially for Peter, and had begged Pepper to approve it. She had, insisting that during his board meeting, Peter stayed with her. It was a done deal.

- -

"Come on Pete!" Tony said excitedly. "You're gonna dress just like daddy!" He pulled out a little suit jacket with a zipper tie and black dress pants and a tiny dress shirt. Natasha was on Peter's bed laughing.

The first challenge was getting Peter into the clothing. He stuck to everything. It took both Natasha and Tony to get his jacket on, and the pants were another story in itself.

"I look just like you!" Peter danced around, getting his hand stuck on the shoe he was holding. Suddenly, he began to cry. "I keep getting stuck to things!"

Natasha quickly scooped him up and started to gently rock him back and forth. All the residing Avengers and a groggy Loki were in the room immediately at hearing that Jarvis had deployed Stressed Spiderbaby protocol.

"What's wrong?" Bruce barged in, ragged and worried, a green tint on his skin.

"I keep getting stuck Brucie!" Peter cried harder. Bruce looked broken for the boy. Peter only called him Brucie when he was really upset, and he nor the Hulk could do anything for the boy in this state.

Thor was gently prying the shoe out of his hand, giving him mjolnir instead. "You can't get stuck to him." Peter gave him a sad little smile but thanked him regardless.

- -

After his little meltdown, they went downstairs to the food court for breakfast. They met Pepper who was with MJ. Usually Pepper wouldn't eat in the food court, but since MJ was here and didn't get to eat at restaurants much, she decided to go.

"MJ!" Peter ran over to her, where they were waiting in line at Panera. A lot of people ate breakfast at SI, some who were struggling to pay simple bills at home, or college kids who were trying to save money. Of course, SI paid half of their tuition, but it still was expensive.

"Are you with Auntie Pepper today?"

"Yeah. I'm going to help her work."

"I'm going to be with you when daddy works!" Peter gushed excitedly.

- -

They first went to Bruce's lab, where he was teaching a few newer employees. Despite Tony trying to stop him, Peter ran right up to Bruce. He held his arms up and Bruce picked him up. Then Bruce continued on, as if he didn't have a kid in a very dangerous lab showing students acidic liquids.

However, Bruce was able to demonstrate with one arm, and managed to not endanger anyone. It was a miracle, but despite everyone knowing that Peter's parents were Ironman and Black Widow, the most protective avenger was most definitely Hulk. If anything or anyone hurt Peter, he was dead. That's why when Peter got sick, Bruce had to stay in the Hulk room for two days. He was wild and uncontrollable when it came to Peter's safety.

While Bruce was demonstrating, Peter shyly waved to all the other people.

When Bruce set him down, Peter shadowed everyone and watched them work. Bruce had a eye on him every second and made sure everyone was treating his nephew correctly.

Then when an employee thought Peter couldn't see, he tried to pick the boy up and sit him on the stool. At her touch, Peter started to shriek, and the young woman quickly set him down, not knowing what to do. Bruce was over quickly, anger taking over him.

"What were you thinking?" Bruce erupted. The whole class was surprised, usually Bruce was very level headed and never upset, even when experiments went wrong. "If so much as touch him again I will personally kill you. Me not Hulk. Clear?"