Bedtime Stories - 5

AN: This will not correspond to MCU timeline/canon.

This is legit all dialogue, and the Avengers getting carried away.

Peter loved listening to stories before he went to sleep. With nine adults in the tower, including two men who were a hundred years old, they had plenty of stories to share.

1

"Go to bed or I'll sell all your toys!" Tony teased, chasing Peter down the hall. Peter just shrieked and ran down the hall, trying to close the door before Tony could make it in.

Once Peter was in bed, he asked the usual question, "Tell me a story!"

"Once upon a time, there was a boy named Peter. He climbed into bed, and fell asleep."

"A good story!" Peter insisted. Tony sighed, but it was affectionate.

"Well then, scooch over Peter, it's story time." Tony stretched out on Peter's bed.

"Once upon a time, Uncle Rhodey and I went to Las Vegas, a big city with lights, concerts, and parties."

"Not this story Tony." Natasha sighed, bringing in a glass of water.

"Of course, Peter needs to know this, it's history." Tony waved his hand and Peter curled up next to him, tapping the arc reactor.

Of everyone in the tower, Peter the only one allowed to freely touch the reactor. Even Natasha and Rhodey were not allowed to, but Tony had never felt a need to tell Peter no. Peter was sweet, fun, and had no reason to pull it out. That was the one area in Tony's life that no one truly would achieve. That, it required beyond trust, beyond love.This was his heart, metaphorically and physically speaking. It wasn't something to be played with or treated lightly.

"Anyways Pete, your Uncle Rhodey and I drank a little too much, and we both lost all our brain cells."

"It's hard to lose brain cells if you've never had them Tones." Rhodey commented as he leaned against the doorway.

"As a joke, we decided to get married. We got all dressed up and headed down to the courthouse. It was three in the morning, and I think I yelled at someone over the phone."

"When we got there, the man didn't speak English, so Tony had to translate everything. He spoke Latin. Who the heck speaks Latin these days?" Rhodey laughed, and both Natasha and Tony raised their hands. "You're just nerds." He shook his head.

"I distinctly remember Rhodey said something along the lines of, 'I'd marry you ten times over, even if I have to do it in Latin'" Tony laughed, and Peter smiled.

"What happened then?"

"Rhodey and I were married for almost six years, then I met your mom, and we had to get a divorce."

"You divorced Uncle Rhodey?"

"Lot less stress on me." Rhodey replied, and Tony stuck his tongue out.

"And I don't have to be the military wife anymore so boom!"

"Rebecca, you didn't even make pies for the parties, whimp!" Rhodey fought.

"For your information, I made such great pies they were eaten before you got there, Janice!"

"Yeah, I somehow missed that when I was the first person at the party!"

"I bet you couldn't have done any better." Tony taunted.

"Try me." Rhodey challenged, and Natasha ordered food on her phone, knowing that a pie war was going to happen tomorrow. That was going to be interesting.