Brooklyn Bucky -2

Tony wasn't sure how he felt. He was standing in front of his parent's murderer.

On one hand he understood that Bucky was brainwashed. He had seen it before and felt really bad for the man. He knew he had the technology to help him and more than enough room.

On the other hand, he wanted to rip Bucky apart. Not kill him, but maybe cause a dent. He knew his suit was more than capable of killing this man, even if he was a super soldier. Bucky wouldn't last against his suit, but he knew that would just help him fall into the spiral of guilt again. And darn if he was going to let Peter watch him spiral downwards.

He breathed heavily. He refused to have a panic attack. Not here, not now. He'd go have a mental breakdown later. That's where his life was at right now, quite literally scheduling breakdowns. What had his life come to? The only right answer was the end.

"You killed my mom." Was all he was able to stutter after a long, awkward silence.

"Yeah, I did." Bucky shifted his weight and his hand scratched the back of his head nervously.

"I know you didn't actually have control, but I can't say I want to eat at the same table." Tony motioned to Steve. "Can we have a moment?"

Steve looked hesitant, but at Bucky's nod, he left the room. Bucky wasn't quite sure why he let Steve go, because as much as he was used to fighting, he really didn't want to fight with Stark. Yeah, he had killed his parents (his mom) but he still had a tremendous amount of respect for the family. Now Howard, he was glad to have killed him, but he would've like to build bridges with Tony, having heard from multiple social systems that he was "a genius," "the inventor of the future," and "is going to revolutionize the world." And secretly, Bucky wanted to see the Ironman armor. It was just so beautiful. Bucky had a thing for metal, especially considering he had been wearing a metal arm for seventy years. As much as e hated the arm, he loved the physics.

"I want to let you know that I'm not upset that you killed Howard. He was, well, not how he was portrayed. I didn't want Steve to realize he was less than amazing."

Bucky just sat open mouthed. Here was the man who undoubtedly deserved to kill him, yet he was somewhat calmly talking to him. Even thanking him for killing his dad. Bucky understood how rare and special this man was, and knew from that point on, he would protect him.

"Look, Stevie seems to think I can change. Revert back to the old me. But I can't. I don't want you or your family to feel compromised. I'll go, but at least let me have some way to contact you guys. Nat, Steve, and if you agree, you."

Tony would've loved to kick the man out without any way of contact. But Yisen had told him to not waste his life. And he wasn't going to let Bucky either.

"Are you kidding? I can't promise I will always feel comfortable around you, especially around December - what was the date? But you need a home, I've got space."

"Really?" Bucky couldn't believe it. Tony Stark had much more grace than anyone in the media or even Steve himself claimed.

"However, for payment you must tell me all of Steve's most embarrassing moments so I can use them as blackmail."

Bucky grinned. He hoped that in the future, maybe a friendship could develop between the two. And maybe, someday, he could witness the beautiful armor in person. That would be his goal while here. He didn't plan on leaving this world without that task accomplished. Villain? Sorry, I can't die, I need to say I've touched the Ironman armor before I die, and I don't care about you.

- -

Peter came down to the lab to find Bucky and his dad laughing.

"Daddy?" Steeb says Bucky's a good guy. I'm 'posed to tell you that."

"I know Bucky's a good guy. Peter, this is Bucky."

"Is he a robot?" Peter whispered to his dad, pointing at Bucky's metal arm. However, with Bucky's super hearing, he heard it and snorted.

"Nope." Bucky replied.

"You want to help daddy built him a better arm?" Tony stood up, lifting Peter up with him.

Peter squirmed and reached out to Bucky. Bucky froze. If he was like Steve, he would've held Peter, but he was afraid he would kill the small boy. His arm could choke a grown man. Who knew how quickly it could hurt a boy of Peter's size? He wasn't very big, granted his dad was also short.

"Uh, I've never held a baby"

"You're gonna learn if you live here." Tony plopped Peter into Bucky's arms and then opened up a hologram. "Jarvis start a new project."

Peter shifted and then placed his head against Bucky's chest. Like Uncle Steeb, Bucky was really warm. But Bucky had a really cool smell.

Bucky placed arm against the boy, his human one. The boy was just peacefully cuddled up against him. For the first time since Hydra, Bucky didn't feel like a killer. He was content, and god help the man who hurt Peter.

"Uncle Buck?" Peter mumbled.

"Yeah?" Bucky replied softly gently rocking him back and forth, metal arm finally holding the boy.

"You smell good."

Bucky laughed softly and then ran his metal hand cautiously through Peter's curls.