1 ★ Virginia moon

𝕍𝕚𝕣𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕒 𝕄𝕠𝕠𝕟 - 𝔽𝕠𝕠  𝔽𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕤

"Feelin' like I do,

Virginia moon

I'll wait for you"

Virginia
Present day
Cedric POV

     My motorcycle rumbles underneath me, purring and vibrating as it flies down the road like a mustang. This is what makes me free, a nice long ride on my bike is the best thing to clear my mind.

     I'm a bit out of my element here, thousands of miles away from my home. A whole world away from my pack. The stress builds up fast at the remembrance that my people are without their Alpha. This mission, however, is beyond worth the small sacrifice, and I'll just have to push through it.

     This is something I need to do.

     Trees fly by as I make my way down the long, open road that winds around the hills. The sun is setting in the far distance, dipping down past the blue mountains and turning the sky a brilliant shade of pink.

     I crank the accelerator harder in my hand, propelling myself even faster and pushing the limits of the vehicle. I don't care about the danger.

     I am, after all, indestructible.

     My heart has been in my throat for the majority of the week, but this always seems to diffuse the tension somewhat, always makes me feel better.

     After an hour and a half of riding, I head back to my temporary home. I zoom through the small town, slowing down as I near a red light at an intersection.

     I come to a stop, my head turning this way and that to observe the little college town I've found myself dropped in.

     It's crawling with young humans that are excited to start their lives with education, others looking like they're zombies after hours of homework.

     I'm suddenly glad I've never been to college. Especially because I would rather not be surrounded by a sea of humans of all things.

     I am so much more than them. I'm above things such as a college education.

     Not that I ever needed to go in the first place, after 1,223 years I have enough knowledge to keep me company. There isn't much else I need to learn.

     College is for clueless humans, not ancient animals built for ruling.

     The light flips to green, and I roll forward slowly, obeying the speed limit laws reluctantly. Don't want to gain any more attention than I already get looking the way I do. I'm trying to keep a low profile.

     When humans see me, they can't help but stare at me. I am a strange, awful sight to them, but I stopped letting it bother me a long, long time ago. I am a lycan after all, I'll be spending the rest of eternity with this face so I really don't see the point in dwelling on it.

     It's kind of difficult to stay inconspicuous when you look the way I do.

     Not to mention, people tell me I have RBF. Resting bitch face.