45 ★ Love's undone

𝔼𝕝𝕠𝕕𝕚𝕖 - 𝕋𝕖𝕟 𝔽𝕖

"Where does a lover go when a love's undone?

Well he went away,

and he'll go again

I can promise you all that you like

when I hold your hand"

Cedric POV

The prison is the darkest and dingiest place in the whole pack. I keep it hidden away, never really coming down here. The cells made of impenetrable brick, and thick silver bars that will never rot with old age. We hardly use this place. We never need to. We're hidden far away from our enemies.

I hardly have a need for a space like this. Until now, that is. Now it's come in handy.

Since my focus has solely been on Hendrix lately, I've almost forgotten a huge issue at hand. The CPO, and how corrupt they've become. I sigh, rubbing my face with my hand. I thought The Guard and the CPO could even each other out. A form of checks and balances to keep things running. Apparently, I was wrong to hope it would run itself smoothly.

People can never be trusted. They become greedy.

Ryk straps a sweaty Jamison to the chair situated in the middle of the room. Four jail cells surround us. No one is here other than Ezra and Ryk, and myself of course.

My Delta is gleaning a little too much pleasure from this. He grins as the black, leather straps dig into the werewolf's already damaged skin. I know Ryk has a dark past, that's why I need him here.

"What did the little guy do?" Ryk wonders, turning to me with an inquisitive glance. Ezra folds his arms over his chest, and Jamison shrinks into himself.

"Apparently, he planned on stealing our pup, and then murdering my mate in cold blood." I elaborate, my blood beginning to boil at the idea of it. It took everything I had not to kill him, and now, I'm feeling the desire all over again. I want to get even, to show him what she would feel if his plan went through.

Ryk snarls, Ezra glares. Jamison looks ready to die from fright. He's like a small, caged bird. In his position, he doesn't look capable of killing anything. He's so weak, so pathetic.

"Why?" Ryk demands, leaning over the werewolf, and I shake my head.

"Supposedly, it's a well kept secret that humans can carry a lycan baby. So secret that they need to murder innocent woman and steal the children." I have so many questions, so much pent up anger and frustration that I can take out on this puny male.

Ezra moves closer to me, eyeing our enemy with an unimpressed glare. Occasionally, he'll glance at me. It's almost as if he wants to make sure I won't lose it. I don't blame him, I probably look as unstable as I feel right now. Ryk is already reaching for a variety of torture devices, but Jamison isn't having it.

"You don't have to hurt me! I'm an open book! I'll tell you everything. Please. I'm begging you." He whines, smelling of fear as the sound of his heart beat triples in speed. I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for him. If I didn't come back for Hendrix when I did, my mate would have ended up dead. I need to know who all was behind this.

I stroll up towards the male, and my comrades watch my every move.

"Tell me everything."