49 ★ Miles away

𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕤 - 𝕄𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝔹𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕟

"I just called to say

how lost I feel without you

Miles away"

Hendrix POV

     "I swear, Tressandra, If you give me plus 4 one more time, I will slap you in the face!" Stacey warns, eyeing the girl beside her with fury and a stare of deadly determination.

     Tressandra turns up the corners of her lips, running her eyes over her Uno cards mischievously. As soon as she puts down her card, everyone bursts into laughter. Another plus 4. Figures. Stacey stands, lifting a hand and tries to hit her, but Savannah catches her wrist, glaring at her.

     "I wouldn't recommend that." She murmurs, raising her eyebrows. Stacey realizes it's a bad idea, and immediately backs down. She sits in her chair, completely defeated as she grabs 4 fresh Uno cards from the deck. It's true, it would be suicidal if Stacey hit Tressa. If Ryk comes to pick her up and finds a single bruise, he'll freak out. Stacey would definitely be in trouble.

     "Yeah, none of us want to see Reid fight off Ryk when he tries to kill you." Kelpto muses through fits of laughter. My side is starting to cramp from how much we've been laughing. Of course, the non pregnant people get to drink alcohol, while Tressandra and I miss out. Not that I really mind all that much, I find I lose control when it touches my lips.

     We've been playing Uno for literal hours, just us girls. Klepto, Miranda, Stacey, Tressandra, and even Savannah oddly enough. She makes the excuse that she's merely keeping an eye on me like she promised Cedric she would, but I have my sneaking suspicions. She wants to play, and I know it. Savannah is very competitive. She's already won 3 rounds, and Stacey is a sore loser.

     "I'm never going to win! We should team up to take down the damn Beta! She's kicking our asses with her eyes closed." Stacey complains, throwing a hand dramatically over her face, a face that's decorated with hearts drawn out of pink eyeliner.

     Savannah replies by growing an evil smile. The round continues with more craziness, and I find myself starting to relax just a little bit. With Cedric gone, I get antsy and on edge. I don't feel very safe, or secure. He assured me he would be back as soon as he could.

     It worries me what this all could mean for us. Apparently, it's completely unheard of to just kill humans and take their babies, and it's the same with the fact that humans can make lycan babies. Excuse me, lycan pups. I've been corrected a time or two by Savannah.

     What if I have to be a witness at some trial? Or what if Cedric goes to the Guard and they agree with what Jamison was hired to do? Will they come to get me? I bite my nails at the thought, the mere idea stressing me out without my mate here to comfort me. He always knows just how to calm me down.

     After a few more circles around the table, taking our turns with placing our cards, Savannah ultimately wins the game yet again. When she puts down her last card; Stacey drowns her sorrows in cookies and more beer. I almost feel bad for being amused.

     "Defeated again. I should bring Risk next time I come over, then we'll see who's laughing!" Stacey insists, and Savannah just smirks, leaning back in her chair.

     "I'm pretty good at that one too. Let's just say, I have an affinity for board games."

     "Last time I checked, Uno doesn't involve a board." I joke, taking a bite of my cookie, and everyone laughs. Technicalities aside, it's obvious that Savannah is good at games. It doesn't mean that we can't have game night, it just means we all have something to learn if we actually want to win.