61 ★ Jumper cable lips

𝟜𝟘 𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 - 𝔼𝕕𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕕 𝕊𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕡𝕖 & 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕒𝕘𝕟𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕔 ℤ𝕖𝕣𝕠𝕤

"She got jumper cable lips

She got sunset on her breath now

I inhaled just a little bit

Now I got no fear of death"

Cedric POV

     I never imagined I would ever be attending a play date, and I don't exactly know what I was expecting.

     Keifer immediately jumps into playing, not even bothering to ask what to do. He's excited to start the fun as Felix and Daniel welcome him with shouts. They pull out toys and start chasing each other through the yard with no hesitation. It's amusing.

     "Gimme, gimme!" Klepto commands from my side, holding out two hands to take Rain from me. I'm reluctant to just hand her over, feeling suddenly protective. I frown, glancing at my Gamma who stands firmly behind his mate with a frown. He doesn't exactly look thrilled. I almost laugh.

     "She's been waiting for a chance to hold her." He explains, scratching the back of his head. "I'm afraid she's going to get some ideas, if you know what I mean."

     The kleptomaniac werewolf girl carefully takes my daughter, placing the infant in the crook of her elbow and grinning down at her with a huge smile. Rain wraps a tiny fist around Klepto finger, and gurgles up at the stranger.

     Klepto glances up at Hendrix and I, her gray eyes lit up with pure joy.

     "She's so precious." She announces, softly rocking the baby up and down to calm her. I watch Ezra with amusement as his jaw clenches. It's clear to see that he doesn't want her to get baby fever just yet. They already have 2 rowdy boys to deal with. I can attest to the fact that a baby doesn't make things easier, even if I love Rain with my whole heart. She's not peachy all the time. She cried the majority of the morning.

     Hendrix sighs, leaning her back against me. I put my hands on her shoulders as she watches Keifer race through the yard with his new found friends, his arms in the air. It's clear that he's going to be very happy here. I'm going to try my hardest to ensure it.

     My Luna shifts her weight, suddenly anxious as she looks to Klepto. I wonder what the matter is. Maybe she's not comfortable handing her baby off? I open my mouth to ask, but I'm interrupted by a knock at the door.

     Klepto perks up, looking to the foyer inside.

     "That must be Ace. He brought Opal over to play too." She says, carrying Rain away as she goes to answer the door and invite her new guests in.

     I use the opportunity to lean down and murmur in Hendrix's ear.

     "What's wrong baby?" I wonder, always on guard of her fragile emotions. I'm so in tune with her mood changes that I'm an expert now. Something is off, and I don't know what it is. I try not to freak out.

     She reaches up a soft hand and plays with my fingers idly, reassuring me with her little lies.

     "Nothing. I'll tell you later." Her voice is a bit weird. Off. I can't help feeling like something strange is going on here. But, I put aside my worry, determined to trust her. I have to remind myself that there is no danger here. I've worked hard to ensure the safety of my mate and children, and I don't need to be constantly vigilant that something will go wrong.